Chemical pregnancy? or early AF?

MillieJ16

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

This is my first cycle ttc. I am 10dpo and have been having abdominal cramps and bleeding for nearly 18 hours now.

It started off as a tiny bit of brown discharge and lower back and abdominal ache. Over the course of a few hours the cramps got worse and the discharge went from being brown to pink blood stained ewcm, to fresh red blood.

I have done some research and found that you tend to bleed with chemical pregnancies either on or just after your expected AF, and my AF isn't due for another 4/5 days.
I have never in my life had an early AF, and I've never had brown discharge, followed by pink discharge... it's always started off straight away as red blood. (sorry for tmi)

Any ideas as to what or why this is happening??

I doubt it's implantation bleeding because the cramps are quite noticeable, and the amount of blood seems too much compared to what I've read it should be.

Are you coming off birth control or using and meds

Hi there, i had a chemical earlier this month also, there are normally large blood clots if its a chemical pregnancy. Have you passed any?

No, I'm not on any meds, I came off the pill about 8 weeks ago and have had 2 perfectly normal cycles since then.

I'm passing 'stringy' red blood, and very small clots, nothing is say is abnormal in size. I'm sorry to hear you had a chemical babybabyno2 :(

Yeah that sounds like a chemical especially with the cramps and clots...sorry that you are experiencing this.

My chemicals were extremely painful cramping and pea-sized (and bigger) clots, along with flesh-colored tissue...They all also happened AFTER AF would've been due; so around 5-6weeks.

I've also experienced heavy periods unrelated to pregnancy and experience stringy clots almost every month. I'd say you're just having an off cycle, probably still getting regulated after bcp because they say you should have 3 proper cycles before determining if you're "regular" again.

Either way, sorry you are going through a rough time. :hugs:

Yeah things very from person to person. For some its normal and for others its not. Also chemicals can happen anywhere before the first ultrasound. Others on here who have had them happen either a few days before af or right when af was due. It all depends on when the egg implants and when the chemical happens as there is no set day when it happens. But because there wasnt a hpt test showing positive that was done, there is no way to tell for sure. People have gotten a bfp at 8dpo, so its VERY possible to have a chemical BEFORE af is due. But in this case its hard to know for sure.

Yea it's hard to know for sure if no BFP on a test and you comin off birth control 2 months ago it can take several months for the birth control to come out of your system especially depending in long long it was taken I took 1 shot of depo shot that last for 3 month had 2 normal periods following when I came off then didn't bleed at all for 4 months after that it's all in how your body reacts to different things when I was younger I missed depo and was pregnant within 2 weeks of my first bleed stopping literally it's all different at different times

Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it. I'm pretty sure AF has just come really early because I'm not passing any clots as such. The abdominal pain was quite intense for over 24 hours and the bleeding has definitely got heavier, which makes me think I just had a messed up cycle due to coming off the pill a few weeks ago. I conceived my 3 year old whilst ON the pill, so assumed me and my husband would conceive even easier now I'm not on it... It seems not! Good luck to everyone trying, I hope you all get your bfp soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->