Chemical Pregnancy? Update: Maybe Ectopic???

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
I think I am having a chemical pregnancy. I tested positive at 8 DPO and the line is getting lighter each day and that worried me so I took a digital today and it said negative :(

Has anyone else experienced this? If it is a chemical pregnancy, will I get my period at the same time as usual? Is there anything else I should know or be doing?

Here is a pic of my tests:

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 61
Don't know much about this but sorry that you're dealing with it:( My sister got her period only a day late when she had hers. I'd keep testing each day if you can!

Thanks SweetPea. Im surprised how sad I am given that I knew it is pretty common. My OH is not being particularly supportive which doesnt help. I guess I still have a glimmer of hope it was the tests, but I did several tests each day and those were the darkest lines of the batches so I dont think that many would be wrong. Oh well, c'est la vie :(

With my chemical my period came a day late. So sorry.

My period came a day late with my chemical. I just went through it a week ago :/ so sorry!

I had a chemical last week too, I was also super sad with an OH that didn't say the right things so I know how you feel! I for my period 2ish days late and it was just like a regular period, if I didn't test beforehand I wouldn't have known I was briefly pregnant :( hugs.

Thanks girls. It is sad. Less sad then had I been pregnant for weeks though I guess. Thanks for letting me know to expect a late period and for the kind words.

Ok so I took another wondfo this morning, and another digital. Digital said "no" again but wondfo was darker. I still don't know for sure what is happening but now I am worried about ectopic? The things that led me to that is a BFP at 8 DPO (apparently you get one sooner because it implants sooner) and the slow rise of HCG. I'm also cramping quite a bit, but I cramped a bunch with my first too, and am nearish to af if that comes, so I have no idea…. Has anyone had ectopic and know what the signs are? I am going to be calling my doctor as soon as they open and try to get a blood test.

Definitely get a blood test! I’ve never had an ectopic but I know they can be pretty dangerous so make sure you mention to your doctor that you’re concerned about it. If it helps to know, I got a BFN at 10dpo and then at 12dpo my blood test came back with an HCG level of 20. Some people just have a slower rise and different tests have different sensitivity. Keep us updated when you get a blood test!

Oh, no laughingduck! Please don't give up hope just yet! I would do what sweetpea suggested and get a blood test. That's the only way you'll know for sure exactly what your hcg levels are. Maybe you caught implantation at 8 dpo since that is about the time it happens and now you're getting true positives?

Oh, no laughingduck! Please don't give up hope just yet! I would do what sweetpea suggested and get a blood test. That's the only way you'll know for sure exactly what your hcg levels are. Maybe you caught implantation at 8 dpo since that is about the time it happens and now you're getting true positives?

Thanks. I am getting a blood test tomorrow and hopefully that will tell me something good. I had some brown spotting this afternoon. If I hadnt tested early I would be like, yay, implantation spotting!! But since I tested positive 3 days ago I am guessing it's something else. I don't know. Is it possible I partially implanted at 6dpo and HCG started but only finished implanting today and then it will go up more? I guess until a heavy blood flows I can hold onto that hope...

I was asking some of the lady's about implantation bleeding and all the ones o spoke to, got the implantation bleed 3-5 days AFTER there positive pregnancy test

Hope that makes you feel a little better, and I truly hope it won't turn out to be an eptopic, you would have pains to the one side getting stronger major pains , please don't leave it this late as you could lose a tube or worse your life if it were to burst

:hugs:

I was asking some of the lady's about implantation bleeding and all the ones o spoke to, got the implantation bleed 3-5 days AFTER there positive pregnancy test

Hope that makes you feel a little better, and I truly hope it won't turn out to be an eptopic, you would have pains to the one side getting stronger major pains , please don't leave it this late as you could lose a tube or worse your life if it were to burst

:hugs:

That is interesting and reassuring about the implantation being AFTER the bfp. Thanks for sharing :) I had more brown spotting this afternoon and it stopped again.

I hope it isn't ectopic either! I will find out tomorrow what my blood HCG is but it won't tell us much until I get the second test on Monday. I am trying to feel better than it does not usually burst until 5-10 weeks so I will have my results back before then.

Good luck! Glad you are reassured slightly

Please keep us updated when you know more :hugs:

Midwifes office was closed today so I won't find out until Monday now. Got another bfp FRER and negative digital today. I feel like after 5 days after my first BFP I shpuld show positive on the digital! I stopped spotting though so at keast there is that...

Well my lines were starting to look a little darker and today I finally got the FRER digital to say YES! The spotting has also stopped. I am feeling a bit better about things but will not be 100% until I get those bHCG levels back and make sure they are going up at the right rate. Thanks for giving me somewhere to vent and let my worries out!

BTW these are what my lines have been looking like on FRER's the past few days, for anyone in the same boat. I had a negative digital until today (14DPO)

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member