Chemical Pregnancy?

jrob

Reaction score
What are the chances this was a chemical pregnancy? I have a history of mc and ectopic pregnancy. This time, AF was 8 or 9 days late. I had SO many symptoms of pregnancy and they seem to be going away completely now that AF started around 3 or 4am today. I was extremely fatigued and moody. My breasts enlarged so much that it was visibly noticeable to other people. They looked about 2 cup sizes bigger in the end and my bras weren't even fitting. They're starting to "deflate" now that AF arrived. I had started to feel nauseous sometimes and I even had a few strange cravings that prompted a friend of mine to tell me to take a test. My bf and I BD'd when I was supposed to be ovulating. We didn't take any extra precautions at that time, and, sorry if TMI but we didn't even use the pull-out method. We aren't ttc, but we're not preventing either. The most we ever do is the pull out method. Is it possible that the egg got fertilized and my body started reacting as if it were pregnant, but it just didn't implant? I got all BFNs on the tests that I took. And I know that it doesn't usually show up as positive until after implantation. This cycle is wicked painful. More so than usual. I know there is no real way to tell if it was a chemical or not. But do you think it's possible? My cycle is NEVER that late.

I'm not sure hun, but I've had several chemical pregnancies and with all of them I had a really faint positive test for a few days and then negative and then bleeding.

I've had a couple chemical pregnancies where I got a positive and then my period and then it was negative again. The tests I took originally were digital, so I wouldn't even know if I would have gotten a faint positive. The negative FRER was within hours of the cramps starting and getting my period. I have heard though that if the egg doesn't implant, then you may not get a positive at all. I can't think of any other reason why I would have had so many pregnancy symptoms and be THAT late. I am pretty sure I ovulated on time because of my cm. I don't do OPKs or anything though to know for sure. This has been a horrendous cycle too. I have barely been able to move all day. I felt really bad because my bf was cleaning the house and I couldn't stand up for more than 5 minutes. I slept most of the day because of how much pain I was in.

Jrob, I had all the same symptoms than you and thought it was indeed a chemical pregnancy.

I've had a few chemicals...there was no pain involved like you are describing...usually just late af some faint hpt and then bleeding starts...

what it sounds like you are describing is a MMC...I also had a miscarriage a few years back and it hurt like crazy i didnt move off the couch all day...
:hugs:

I thought I was pregnant too but didn't get a bfp, then af arrived very quickly sat am, was so painful and heavy (tmi sorry) which is unusual for me, same yesterday but much lighter today, have been wondering if I had a chemical too but without having the bfp I suppose I'll never know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->