Chemical pregnancy?

PeppersCastle

Reaction score
Hi all!

I found out I was pregnant yesterday, went to the doctors today.. but I've been worrying all day about chemical pregnancies. I've had some good lines on a Tescos own and a FRER (NOT fmu) and a 1-2 on a Clearblue Digital (also not first morning urine, that was done in the evening!), woke up this morning and did a Clearblue that said 2-3 weeks (so dating the pregnancy at 4-5 weeks)..

The stupid thing that triggered this off :dohh: - I did a superdrug test about 3.5 hours after the clearblue digital, I barely peed and hadn't held it at all, but the line hasn't darkened from yesterday. Am I stupid to be worrying about a chemical pregnancy?

Could it still happen with lines like these?

Thank you all!

EDITED TO ADD: Figured out how to attach images! Tests below are all Tescos own brand: First test is from 10/07 at 5am (not fmu), middle is from 11/07 at 7.30pm (obviously not fmu, about five hours hold), bottom is from this morning, 6am (last test I promise) Is this line progression ok?

Attachments

• photo(4)_opt.jpg
    photo(4)_opt.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 28
Congratulations on your bfp!!
It usually takes 48 hours for hcg to double. So it's perfectly normal for your test to be not much darker. I would go by the CB digi as it tells you in black and white xx

It sounds pretty normal to me. You really need to leave it 3 or 4 days to judge if its getting darker.

Ok, thank you both! I was sure I was being an idiot, I'm a bit of a worrier :(

That's reassuring, actually.. this is my first child so I'm confused and overly nervous about it all :/

If you can avoid it, try not to take a lot of tests. I know it's hard! The line can fluctuate based on when you took it, how much dye the test has, what brand you used, if the test was just a rubbish one. If you do need to test for your own piece of mind, keep to one brand (preferably FRERs), use at round about the same time of day and wait a few days between. Drove myself nuts with my first pregnancy and it wasn't worth it to me, but you know your situation and what'll be worse for you, congrats!

I bought a few more FRERS and they'll be here within the next 3 days. I'll take one in the morning and then leave it 3 days and take another to make sure the line is darker and then I'll drop the testing. It's so worrying but at least I know other people had the same problem! Thank you! :D

I never got darker lines with my chemicals. They just stayed the same for a week and then dropped off. However, if you aren't spotting or cramping, I wouldn't worry! Just try not to test for a few days and then try again. I always did blood tests because I would go bonkers trying to see the lines get darker because there are so many variables (dye amount, etc.). Good luck to you! <3

My doctor doesn't offer blood tests before 12 weeks, sadly. I went yesterday and just got told to fill out some forms and given an appointment for 28th July. By that time I should be about 6-7 weeks. I won't know until I get a dating scan around 10 - 14 weeks (according to my Emmas Diary book) haha. Thank you!

Yes, it looks fab:)
I will attach my frer progression done over 3 seperate second morning urine xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 16
Oh congratulations, that's so sweet. Can't wait to see mine! I won't even get to see the midwife til 6-7 weeks though :(

Oh congratulations, that's so sweet. Can't wait to see mine! I won't even get to see the midwife til 6-7 weeks though :(

I had some spotting and pain over the weekend so the gp arranged an early scan. I book in with the midwife at 8 weeks xx

Oh, my bad, I'm so happy everything is ok with you and baby though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->