Chest Pain. 14 weeks.

linz85

Reaction score
Hi all, I woke up Saturday morning with aches and pains all over my stomach and chest area. A few hours later, I needed to go for a no.2 ( sorry for tmi) and went. I had to strain as I get constipated really bad all the way through pregnancy but I went ok. ( I've had worse blockages)
The pains continued and it was hurting when I took deep breathes. I couldn't walk very fast or carry my 22 month old.
It got worse in the evening, I couldn't get up from the chair so my other half sorted the kids tea's out. Went to bed later and couldn't lay on my right side due to the pain- it made it too painful to breathe.
Next morning woke up feeling better, thought I must of just pulled some muscles. However as the day went on, it got worse. The pain disappeared from my stomach and stayed around my chest/ribs. It hurt to breath deep and burp ( being preggy- lots of gas).
Went to bed. Woke up this morning and ouch, pain is worse under my ribs. I can't sneeze, cough, hiccup is excruciating, burps and deep breathes are really hurting.

I'm in at the docs soon but I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light? I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. Do you think it's just strained muscles? Or something that needs looking at? I hate to be wasting docs time.

Pop over too 2nd trimester there maybe someone that can relate there.

HI I hope you are doing okay, pls let us know what happened.

Hi sorry I haven't been on. Was a bit too poorly to use the pc.

I went to the docs that morning to be told it was just heartburn. He gave me some Gaviscon and told me to come back in a few days if my symptoms hadn't gone away.
Well I didn't know whether to laugh or cry after that as I knew it wasn't heartburn.

Wanted to wait for my OH to come home as he was at uni before deciding what to do. In the afternoon, things got a bit worse pain wise and I developed a fever so I rang the doctors back who told me to come in for an emergency appointment.
The doctor then was brilliant. He examined me properly, listened to my chest and told me a i had a chest infection, a slight case of pneumonia, so its a good job I went back when I did. Prescribed me some antibiotics and said if they don't help, come back in a few days.
Thankfully they started working straight away and could feel the difference the next day. I'm now only on the second day and I can breathe nearly fully again without pain.

What I don't get is why my own doctor couldn't of just examined me properly?
Never mind hey?

Thanks girls x

That's terrible just perscribing gaviscon!

What happened to be passionate about your job :hissy: to many people just in it for the money now a days :-(

At least you sorted yourself and got diagnosed properly and hope your on the mend xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->