chesty cough and vommiting ????

tiger

mum-1boy-expecting1girl
Reaction score
hi ladies :flower:
About a month ago, myself my husband and jesse got the flu and it lasted about 5 days. We all still have a very horrible chesty cough though, normally a cough 2 weeks later isnt uncommon for me (i have a horrible immune system), but nothing like this. The cough doesnt seem to be getting better in any of us, in fact its getting worse. Jesse gets fits of coughs that last 30sec-1min, but nothing too bad, my husband for the past 3 nights has had severe fits and then ends up not being able to breathe and vomits everywhere for about 5min, and myself , well i have fits of the cough where i cant breathe and then my whole airway becomes extremely sore.
To me this just doesnt seem like a normal cough after a cold because the dont usually cause pain.
My question is if someone has experienced something similar or knows someone who has? I am very reluctant to go to the doctor here as when we were sick at the time i took jesse to be seen (for his cough, just for peace of mind, it was not as bad then) , and because he is still such a happy giggly baby otherwise, they took one look at him and said "your not that sick if you can still be so happy " :growlmad: fair enough that horribly sick children arent often very happy but surely looking at him isnt going to let them know!!! :shrug: and theyve told me i have to stop worrying so much :dohh::growlmad:
i am only concerned because of my husband vomitting and the fact its not getting better, but worse.

i was like that went to the doctors and he said been as i was coughing up mucus he gave me a potent cough syrup called mucodyne (carboceisteine), and i have to say it is really helping. you could try that. It is safe in pregnancy as i am 27weeks

thankyou :) do i have to have it subscribed or is it over the counter ?

mine was prescribed by the doctor i dnt know if it is aavailable over the counter...ask ur doctor. my doc gave it me cuz he daint want me taking antibiotics

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->