Chewing his fist.

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver has started chewing his fist. He has a soother and I used to give him this if he started sucking his fist. But the last few days, he is refusing his soother and really chewing on his fist. He seems to be dribbling a bit more now too. He doesn't seem to be in pain and I can't see any signs of teething.
Any ideas anyone? It's driving me mad him chewing so hard on his poor little hands!!

Could it be that he has just discovered his hands??

Or could be early teething but that can last for ages before it gets painful and teeth make there apperence x

Sounds like good old teething to me :0 max started this at the same age and his HV said it was teething ..8 months later still doing it lol and no teeth ..enjoy the ride theres not much we can do to make them stop shewing there hands

Same as the others said really. Hannah started teething early but still no signs of a tooth :( And it's almost impossible to keep their hands out of their mouths. Just make sure to try to keep them dry when you can and wash them off with a wet cloth a few times a day

Jasmine has been doing that for the past few weeks too.. but like the others have said it can last for months and once they find thir feet they will chew them too :)

Could it be that he has just discovered his hands??

Or could be early teething but that can last for ages before it gets painful and teeth make there apperence x

Could be. He has just discovered that if he hits something it makes a noise. So makes sense!!

Are there any other signs of teething? Cause it could be the fact that he discovered his hands, I know Lola had this little phase a couple of weeks ago.

Lauryn does this too-she goes at it like a mad women with sucking her hand/thumb-sometimes she even makes herself gag trying to get it furher in her mouth! i wondered if it was teething early aswell but HV said it most likely she just found her hands too.

id say its good old teething too..tommy did it for ages, his dribble became niagra look alike, he had a sore bum and a little rash on his face bless him....it lasted ages but 6 months to the day he got a tooth, now hes got two bottom teeth, hang in there cat id say little oli will soon have bonjela as his best friend!

h x

Poppy's doing this too. She made herself sick today as she put her fingers that for into her mouth.

If I offer her my finger to chew on, she really does bite it hard! As long as she doesn't start doing it when she's feeding! :huh:

It's just when they become co-ordinated enough to get their hands to their mouths. It's just the start of exploring everything by mouth. Wait while he can pick things up to suck on. That's when the fun really starts. lol

hey

Hermione refuses a dummy and always has her hand in her mouth, has done for weeks now. its her soother, she has chose it and well we have gone with it, if thats what works for her.

Kathryn's been doing that for over a month now. It's them going "ooh I can chew my hand now!" babies love sucking/chewing things) Kathryn can do individual fingers now and occasionally can manage to get her thumb in. But now she's mouthing on everything! (My mom says she's starting to teehe)

maddi went through a similar stage, it was both finding her hands and teething, so could be a bit of both honey. we were just quite persistant taking her hands out and putting in her dummy but i suppose its just part of their development and eventually she stopped doing it all the time! x

jack has been doing the same thing hun since he was about 2 months old. he is dribbling loads now and is trying to put everything in his mouth. he has a sore bum too so hopefully he will get a tooth soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->