General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs that sounds amazing! And how wonderful that everything was free once you were in!!!!

Jules devil's advocate..l'm a queen of politely but also not politely asking for early scans. I'm not gonna lie, those 6-8w scans are precious haha if the machine is good quality and you have a good tech. We do routinely do the 8-10w scan as our first prenatal. So I'm team get a scan if you can. BUT it would be transvag and there's such a high frequency of bleeding after a transvag that if your nerves are shot then maybe skip it'?

Dobby makes good points!

Dobs I’ve never thought to mix cream cheese into marinara sauce. You tell me—was it worth it?

I’m feeling like such a fat ass recently because all I seem to want it carbs. Yesterday I had a bagel, cereal, and soft pretzel bites. My youngest kiddo woke me up tonight and the bloat is real! I’m so uncomfortable. I need to make an effort to get in more protein but it is all so unappetizing :( eggs have been ok so maybe i can give that a try tomorrow.

I was so pleased that i had barely gained weight through 8ish weeks but that’s definitely out the window by now! I’ve officially entered the “is she pregnant or just getting fat?” stage. The belly chub is here to stay haha

I love that stage @gigglebox! Eggs are so great for the protein but also the choline & folate! Just getting 2 each day is perfect. I like doing hard boiled eggs since i can grab them quickly and salt them up.
Another idea if you’re up for suggestions: chickpea pasta. It may feel like you’re appeasing the drive for carbs but also be getting lots of protein. And throw on that cream cheese marinara sauce!!

I always gain too much weight in pregnancy but it seems to fall off afterwards so don't really care. I'm one of those who is sick for months and the only thing that makes my stomach feel ok is eating crackers all day. So I'm team eat carbs.. haha

Oh I got AF so I'm out for this month, DH wants to actually try now thank goodness, but we'll probably skip this cycle. I have a vigorous outdoors thing I have to do in early May and don't want to be in third tri for that. Second tri should be fine though.

This will sound insane but has anyone seen movement outside their abdomen like when a baby is moving around and kicking but it not be pregnancy? I know the difference between gas and baby kicks. I actually recorded this to send my husband. Im sure it sounds ridiculous, but it looks and feels exactly as when i was pregnant the other 2 times.

@Halfrican say whaaaaat???? Your situation just keeps getting more and more bizarre! I have personally never experienced that. I do get muscle twitches basically everywhere but it's rhythmic and very obviously not a baby moving. I've never seen my belly move from gas, either. I've felt "phantom kicks" but nothing that could be recorded. Did you just happen to catch it or did you see it first and grab a camera and it kept going? That is so, so weird. Maybe it's time to request an ultrasound, "just in case". Can you feel your uterus? Like do you feel like it's enlarged/firm?

Also I got this chickpea salad from my grocery store the other day and omg is was DIVINE. I forgot about it until you mentioned it just now.....omg I wish I didn't eat it all already lol. It was soooo good, had little crunchy bell peppers in it and some cilantro, and this lemon vinegarette dressing....*drool*

@autumnal I'm the same, I gain a ton of weight (like 30-40 lbs) but in the end I'm usually just up 10 pounds of "actual" weight. Typically I gain in my face and belly but so far it's all belly. My face is maybe getting a little rounder but not like it does when I'm just packing on pounds. Sorry about af!! But yay for hubby being officially on board! What is the "outdoor thing" you have planned? when actively ttc I never missed a cycle opportunity, except for maybe one where it would result in a Christmas due date. Definitely don't want a Christmas baby if it can be avoided....I was a bit nervous of that last time because he was due late January and I started going into preterm labor in December. Fortunately he stuck around until the next month, but even with a 3-4 week gap, it's hard to go straight from Christmas gifts to now trying to figure out a birthday gift! Anyway...ranting.

@Halfrican say whaaaaat???? Your situation just keeps getting more and more bizarre! I have personally never experienced that. I do get muscle twitches basically everywhere but it's rhythmic and very obviously not a baby moving. I've never seen my belly move from gas, either. I've felt "phantom kicks" but nothing that could be recorded. Did you just happen to catch it or did you see it first and grab a camera and it kept going? That is so, so weird. Maybe it's time to request an ultrasound, "just in case". Can you feel your uterus? Like do you feel like it's enlarged/firm?

Also I got this chickpea salad from my grocery store the other day and omg is was DIVINE. I forgot about it until you mentioned it just now.....omg I wish I didn't eat it all already lol. It was soooo good, had little crunchy bell peppers in it and some cilantro, and this lemon vinegarette dressing....*drool*

@autumnal I'm the same, I gain a ton of weight (like 30-40 lbs) but in the end I'm usually just up 10 pounds of "actual" weight. Typically I gain in my face and belly but so far it's all belly. My face is maybe getting a little rounder but not like it does when I'm just packing on pounds. Sorry about af!! But yay for hubby being officially on board! What is the "outdoor thing" you have planned? when actively ttc I never missed a cycle opportunity, except for maybe one where it would result in a Christmas due date. Definitely don't want a Christmas baby if it can be avoided....I was a bit nervous of that last time because he was due late January and I started going into preterm labor in December. Fortunately he stuck around until the next month, but even with a 3-4 week gap, it's hard to go straight from Christmas gifts to now trying to figure out a birthday gift! Anyway...ranting.
I’ve been feeling bloated and like my clothes fit different around the waist sometimes, but I can’t tell about firmness. It happened last night after hubby and I had some frisky play time. He went into the shower and i was l lying in bed. The movement was so similar to a baby moving and how you can feel it inside and kinda know where it’ll pop up to see. Also I tried pushing down with my fingers to see if there’s a response to it which there was. I was thinking of baby movement not only because of how my it looked and felt, but also because with my other two kids it felt like they moved more when I stopped. Like they sort of woke up because the rhythms of the day that put them to sleep stop. That’s when this has happened. I wrote it off last time as I’m crazy. But now that it happened again and I grabbed my phone to record while hubby was showering, I thought to ask any other ladies about it.
I’m definitely asking for ultrasound. Without having a period to go by, I just dont know what could be happening and it needs to be figured out. I feel like I’m going insane but it also concerns me. When hubby got home late one night recently, I told him I think we should ask the neighbor to throw their horse manure elsewhere. It was bothering me so much and I said it’s as if they mucked the stalls and threw it on our porch! (They’re several acres away though). He said he doesn't smell a darn thing. I feel crazy to have these feelings without a positive blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->