chicken Cesar salad?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey! I just found out hours ago that I am expecting. I always have a Safeway chicken Cesar salad for lunch. I already pre-bought for the week. =/ Ovia pregnant app says it is safe, but a Google search says the dressing might not and the meat is chilled grilled chicken. =/ ahhhh

I am pretty sure it fine! Grilled chicken is fine and depends what's on the dressing but most of the time in pre packed food they use pasteurised products. Unless you have actually developed any food poisoning you are fine just try and relax lots of people find out after binging on alcohol even and usually all is fine! Congratulations

Thank you! I figured it should be fine. I ate them while ttc/ have been eating them for two months now. 4 more should be fine then I can switch to homemade
Thanks!!!

As long as you know they have been stored properly (as in, you didn't do your weekly shop, then leave them in the hot car for 3 hours) they'll be fine. Ideally, I would make them fresh just because they'll have more nutrients, as the nutritional value of anything degrades the longer it sits if it's been pre-made, but I'd have no concerns about bacterial contamination if you've stored them properly.

I'm pretty sure the reason why google says it may not be safe is because if it's made fresh, it's made with raw egg. Almost any dressing you buy in a store or that comes with a salad is made with preservatives and pasteurized, so you should be fine.

Nope, straight from the store to my house to work. :) I was definitely more worried about the raw egg in the dressing, but I'm not so worried that I am going to toss it out. I got my bfp really early, so I could have just as easily kept on eating my salads unknowingly.

Mmmmmmmmmm.... this actually sounds REALLY good!!!!

I was told to avoid pre-made salads from stores at my appointment yesterday, but if it's been stored fine it's probably okay. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->