Chicken dishes wanted

I did this yester day and it was sooo good.

2 large garlic cloves chopped, or more if you like
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1-2 tablespoons of OJ
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil

Mix it all together, place in a zip lock bag with the chicken and marinate in the fridge. We then grilled it, and it was so nice.

These are my made up recipes although im sure a lot of people make similar....

Spicy chicken and rice:
Chicken breasts/drumsticks or whatever you like
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Turmeric

Season the chicken as much as you like, roast in the oven. Serve it with rice, it's beautiful.

Lemon Chicken with roasted vegetables:
Chicken breasts
Onion
Garlic (2 gloves is nice)
Fresh thyme
Salt
Pepper
1 lemon (skin removed and lemon sliced)
Lemon rind (about half the lemon)
Red peppers
Asparagus
Cherry tomatoes
Baby new potatoes

Best to prepare this in the morning. Put chicken in your dish and add the sliced onions, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon slices and lemon rind.. marinade until dinner time.

Boil your new potatoes for 10-15 minutes, then put it them in the oven to roast.
I then like to quick fry the chicken until crispy and golden on each side, then put them in the oven with the potatoes, meanwhile.. I fry the onions and peppers. Put them in the dish with the chicken and potatoes and add the asparagus and cherry tomatoes.. season with salt and pepper and add more lemon and/or thyme if you want to.
It's bloody delicious.

Spicy tomato chicken:
This is basically like a chicken tonight kind of sauce. Tin of tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic salt, pepper, coriander (dried is fine - lots) and some basil. Squeeze in some lemon juice (I use 1/2 to a whole lemon). Cook your chicken as usual, then stir in the sauce. Serve with your rice.

I also like making a peppercorn sauce.. tell me if you're interested (we usually have it with beef, but im sure it's nice with chicken too)

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/searchAZ.do?letter=c&pager.offset=200

Pan seared chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, chives, bacon and sweet red bell pepper. SOOO GOOD, SOO EASY!

Boneless, skinless chix breast (2-4)
3 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
1-2 pieces of bacon, fried, drained of grease and crumbled
chives to taste.

Mix cream cheese, pepper, bacon and chives. Add black pepper if you'd like. Careful with the salt (because of bacon--already salty)

Cut chicken breast with good knife, through the middle-open to make pocket.

Lay cream cheese mixture inside, pin closed with toothpicks.

S & P chicken breast lightly, both sides, saute in olive oil, med-high to get good sear, then cook through.

Very tender, and super good. We served with a baked sweet potato and steamed homegrown heirloom green beans.

Wobbles I just posted a thai chicken recipe in the regular recipe exchange area.. it's easy and saucy for over rice and, my favourite.. rice noodles:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->