Chicken dishes wanted

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok girls I'm after some tasty yummy simple recipes for chicken breast/pieces.

Something that will go with rice .. is a little saucy made with stuff like spices, herbs, stocks, lemon, lime, honey ... you get the idea!

:blush:

Any yummy recipes out there for lil me?

not sure if this will help hun but it dont have many ingrediants you want in it

This Chinese chicken salad is a colorful and tasty way to use up some leftover chicken and makes for a light lunch. I experimented with few different dressings and ultimately settled on this one which I think is quite good. That said, so much does rely on the dressing that I welcome suggestions for improvement.

1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
Salt and pepper
Sesame oil
Grapeseed or canola oil
1/2 head of Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3-4 scallions, sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Dressing:
2 Tbsp tamari (a wheat-free concentrated soy sauce, can also use 3 Tbsp regular soy sauce)
2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar)
1 Tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
1 Sprinkle chicken strips with a little salt and pepper and cook them in a small skillet with a little bit of water (just enough so the chicken doesn't stick). Cover and cook until cooked through (3-5 minutes), turning the pieces over half way through cooking. Drain and set aside.
2 In a large salad bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Adjust to taste. Add the chicken and salad ingredients and toss well. (If you don't have toasted sesame seeds for the salad, add a tablespoon of tahini or peanut butter to the dressing before tossing.)
Serves 4.

just delete if its not any help

xxxxxx

LMAO @ delete it ... erm why would I do that :rofl:

Looks nice :D

shhhhh dont tell anyone but i googled simple recipies and found some really nice looking ones hehe

wobbs i gave you a lovely sllow cooker one
chick breasts
2-3 tins campbell soup (chicken)
celery
peas
rice 3 quarters of a cup
sugar
lemon
water
bung it in after quickly frying off chicken

bex

this is gorgeous

Is there anything else you have tried in that recipe Bexxie?

I'd cut out peas is all yak :lol:

& how much sugar?

Lemon - is that just the juice off one lemon?

:D

peas are optional

sqeeze about half a lemon and just tablespoon of sugar will do honest to god once you have had this you will never go back,do some mash and dollop in to when you dish it up,oh I could eat this now

Bex

Mmm me might do this then thanks :D

Btw how much water? :blush:

1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
1 can beer
4 dashes tabasco
4 bay leaves
1 long metal skewer

1. Rinse and dry the chicken. Remove excess fat and leave skin on. Lift skin from breast and thigh areas, slide bay leaves under skin. Coat chicken with seasoning.
  2. Drink half the can of beer, pour tabasco into remaining beer. Raise tab on beer can until it is in the straight up position.
  3. Insert beer can into chicken from the bottom until even with bottom of chicken. Insert skewer through the wing, ribs, tab on beer can, and out the opposite side. (this keeps the can from falling out the chicken).
  4. Roast in a deep tray with root veg(carrots,spuds,squash,parsnips etc)in the middle of a med/hot oven. Cover and cook for two hours.
  5. Remove carefully from grill so as not to spill the contents of the can. Remove skewer and beer can, let chicken sit for fifteen minutes before cutting.

wobbs i usually fill the empty tin of soup about two/three times it will be quite thick consistency but keep eye on as rice will take most of water so just use your judgement

bex

what about dead easy chicken in honey and mustard sauce yum i serve it will jack pot and veg or you can do rice

An recipe for honey & mustard sauce?

Hum not to sure on the sauce let me think for a bit!

xxx

well it is cream,honey,whole-grain mustard and i forgot the rest lol me mum normally tells me down the phone

walking recipe book she is

table spoon of lemon juice ...
Salt
Peper
half teaspoon lazy garlic

Had this tonight and it was yummy:

Oven-baked Thai Chicken Rice
Serves 4

Veg Oil
1 onion, chopped
400g chicken cut into pieces
4 tbsp green Thai curry paste
250g Basmati Rice
2 red peppers
Zest and juice of 1 lime
400g can of coconut milk (reduced fat)
Coriander leaves

1. Heat oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas 6.
2. Heat oil in shallow oven proof casserole dish and soften onion (about 5 mins).
3. Add chicken and curry paste. Stir till chicken browned. (about 3 mins)
4. Add rice, peppers, lime zest and juice, coconut milk and 250ml boiling water.
5. Bring to boil.
6. Put lid on and stick in oven for 20 mins till rice fluffy.
7. Scatter with coriander.

that sounds awesome, i will most definitely try it!

i make a yummy easy fried chicken. parboil the pieces first otherwise it wont be cooked.
then buy a bottle of creamy or oily (depending on what u like) italian salad dressing and put the pieces in and marinate them, if ure lazy like me you wont wait long but pref for a couple of hours. then roll them in bread crumbs and fry them. if you want to go the healthy version u can bake them too. just put something non stick on the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->