Chicken in Lemon Cream with Penne

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Made this for dinner tonight.. substituted chicken for shrimp though as I've had wayy too much chicken lately and had some shrimp in the freezer. DELICOUS!

Recipe makes approx. 4 servings.

1lb (450g) penne pasta
3 tbsp (45mL) extra virgin olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes (or shrimp instead!)
2 tsp (5mL) herbes de Provence
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1 cup (250mL) chicken broth
2 cups (500mL) cream
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 cup (60mL) chopped, fresh, flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender (8-10 mins). Drain.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, and saute until golden, turning, for about 5 minutes. Removed chicken and keep warm.

Pour off any excess oil in pan, add chicken broth, and cook over medium-high heat, using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits of the bottom of the pan. Add cream, lemon zest, and cayenne. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.

Mix in pasta, chicken, salt & pepper to taste, parsley, and lemon juice. Heat for a couple of minutes and serve.

If you want to do shrimp instead I...
- skipped up to the step with the chicken broth, I added the ingredients you were told to sprinkle over the chicken with the broth instead.
- boiled shrimp from frozen until pink; removed shells; tossed in at the end with the pasta and combined.

I also put freshly grated Parmesean cheese on top of mine, it was really yummy.. would have been great to sop up some of the sauce with some crusty bread, I'll have to remember for next time :mrgreen:

oooooh that sounds so good. I am going to have to steal it from you!

That sounds gorgeous!
]Just type of food I love :)

Honestly it was so good I'd 100% recommend it with shrimp over chicken, it's a nice treat, chicken is so everyday.. but I'm sure chicken would taste good with it too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->