Chicken pox? Advice please!

familygirl30

Reaction score
My 17 month old son started feeling off it Sunday and had high temp it went down and perked up a bit yest but I still took him to drs to get checked out as he's had a few uti's and he has to have urine tested,it was clear and gp said it b a virus.Anyway today he has small red spots on feet legs,arms,more come up this eve and his temp went to 38.6,he's had calpol and Iburpfen and it's gone bk down to normal and he's in bed.he gets dermatitis round his mouth bad if he's had a reaction to certain foods and not had it for months but got it at the weekend.My question is how do u know if chicken pox.??as heard u don't need to see a gp for them now,

If it's spots around his mouth, feet and arms it sounds more like hand, foot and mouth than chicken pox. I think chicken pox tends to have a large involvement in the trunk region.

If you're worried, take him back to the doctor. I usually get any viral rash checked as a precaution.

If it's spots around his mouth, feet and arms it sounds more like hand, foot and mouth than chicken pox. I think chicken pox tends to have a large involvement in the trunk region.

If you're worried, take him back to the doctor. I usually get any viral rash checked as a precaution.

Thanks for the reply,its dermatitis around his mouth from food contact just seems to have them both come up within a few days.u can get chicken pox all over body by sounds of it but I will go and see dr tomorrow again if not sure

Chicken pox look like blisters. Big red spots filled with a watery substance. When my Lo has them they came out fairly quickly and she kept getting more over three days. Started off on her belly and she was covered head to toe by day three, in her mouth, hair, ears, not nice. Hope your Lo feels better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->