Chicken pox!

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
So chicken pox is going around in my son school. Two days after I was informed of it my 6 year old came down with it but he had it very mild. Literally three spots on back and one hair line that you won’t even notice. He was completely fine in himself no temp although he did have a temp a week prior to any spots coming out which can happen with chicken pox.

2 weeks later my almost 2 year old is completely covered!! It started on Sunday I noticed one spot on his back knew straight away. Since then his whole little face is covered, back, chest, fingers/feet, head and nappy area! The only place his seems to be scratching is his hair and that’s how I noticed his whole head is full of spots :(

He came down with temp last night and we both barely slept :cry:

My question is how long do these spots keep coming out for? He went to sleep with one side of face covered and woke with the other side all blistered and red.

When will this end? And will he be scarred?? I’m just so worried about his face and body being scarred. Any advice will be appreciated x

A couple of days usually... it's unlikely theyll scar. My kids never did

I feel your pain !!

DD1 picked them up from school and was off for a week exactly 2 weeks later DD2 got them ! To be fair they didn’t itch them and was very mild . I bet they get them again!

Usually contagious for 5 days or until they start blistering over and the incubation period is 21 days I think. I don’t think they usually scar unless they are picked and may leave a slight make that eventually will fade.

All you can do really is apply calomine lotion to the spots and give calpol . Do not give ibuprofen

Thanks girls

Yes babybump, I’ve read about the ibuprofen thing. Thankfully I don’t have any at home just paracetamol for kids. It was so easy going for my eldest thank god but my poor baby! There not any part of his body that’s not effected

I was giving DD2 ibuprofen perscribed by the gp for a really awful cough when she broke out in them lucky enough I forgot to give it to her the day before as we were out !

Aww I felt sorry for both of mine. Least they have both had it at the same time and you won’t have to worry. Poor little kiddos !

It’s really horrible. He cries when I pick him up and change nappies due to the blisters :( his now got a temp of 39.3 and his just so poorly! I honestly can’t wait for him to recover and my baby to feel normal again. I had a lil cry earlier as he was so upset laying on top of me and I felt helpless.

I picked up some virasoothe from the pharmacy and he won’t even let me apply it. I’m assuming anything touching it might bring some discomfort

I got scars on my back and one on my face from chicken pox. I had very few spots but they were huge. It was the big spots that scared. The scars didn't look too obvious unless you were looking closely and have faded even more over the years.

Aww poor DS. I hope he's feeling better soon :hugs:

A few days! My DD had it when she was a baby and has no scars xxx

Thanks a lot guys :)

His doing sooo much better now! Still not eating much but atleast he isn’t feeling poorly! Obviously he still has the spots which have mostly scabbed up but I feel like his face is starting to look a lot better. Some of the scabs are falling off now but on his hands and feet there are still a few blisters.

CRW: good to know your LO didn’t get scarred x

Same thing happened with my two. My 5 year old picked it up from school and had it fairly mild but then my 1 year old got it two weeks later and was covered and suffered so much more. It took about 3/4 days for the worst to appear , by about day 5 they were starting to scab over and by day 7 they were all scabbed over. Both of them still have some spots but they are faded now. I have a feeling one on my Son's head will scar as it was massive and he now has a dent in the middle of his forehead where the spot was!

Glad to hear your LO is doing better now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->