Chicken pox..

Floralaura

Reaction score
My 9yr old has the pox..he came home from his Nans last Thursday and mentioned he had a couple of spots, by Sat he was covered. They kept appearing until about Monday and then stopped..when is he no longer contagious and able to go school. I may go mad if I have to put up with him for much longer lol..

When the spots scab over they tend to not be contagious but I would still probably keep him home for a few days after that just to be sure.

Urghh..lol.

What do they look like when they scab over, will it be like a proper scab like you get from a cut?

My girls haven't had them but my niece and nephew you have both had them, in fact my nephew has them right now. I don't really know what they look like when they scab over but I assume they might feel a bit hard and crusty on top.

Some are scabbed over but not all..I am praying he is ok by Monday so I can ship him off to school-not that he has a school to go back to, I really should get my arse in gear and find him a new one lol

Oh no, hope they hurry up and go.. Better to get them over with now.. 9 is quite old to get them isn't it! I hope he hasn't been scratching them as they scar and cause infection. Lots of chamomile lotion! x

Finley had them on the 23rd dec & they had scabbed by about the 27th but not all of them, took about a week x He still has the spots now but they are just red where the scabs have come off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->