chickenpox - I am very worried!

mickey

Reaction score
Hello,

LO has catched chickenpox and seemed to have scratched them! problem is, I am working and LO is at home with dad, so I can't really see that much what is going on. the blisters are all crusted over, but the ones where the crust has come off (for whatever reason) look like a crater in the skin!

will this all heal or will it give a scar?

I am so worried and will appreciate your help!

My little boy had chicken pox at easter and still has some scars that were deep at the time but are stil getting better

The dr told me they can take up to 12 weeks to fade.
I hope lo is not struggling to much. Alex was really poorly for a few days

thanks for your reply!

she was not really that unwell and is back to her normal self.

the only problem is she is scratching the blisters.

gp gave us piriton.

is there anything which helps better?

what did your boy have for the itching?

My lil boy, myself and my OH ALL caught chickenpox at the SAME TIME. How me and and OH had never had them before I don't know lmao.

We smothered our boy and ourselves in calamine lotion to stop the itch, it worked really really well but its difficult to work with as its so messy and looks rediculous...

Unfortunately, chickenpox are notorious for scarring, and I would get your LO some Bio-Oil and start applying it after baths... even if it is just a precaution, you're never to young to learn to look after your skin anyway lol she'll probably love pampering herself if you do it too XD

You can also try giving oatmeal baths.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Oatmeal-Bath

They are soothing for itchy skin. And you can give them to her daily.

the itchy phase is over and some of the blisters have gone only leaving bright skin. however some are still like holes, will this go?

When I had chicken pox as a child my mum would put bicarb of soda in my baths, it soothes the itching - I've had a skin reaction recently and used the same method & it does help a lot :)

Hope your LO gets better soon! X

When I had chicken pox as a child my mum would put bicarb of soda in my baths, it soothes the itching - I've had a skin reaction recently and used the same method & it does help a lot :)

bicarb is brill. Our LO has chicken pox at the moment too. I've put bicarb in the bath last couple of days and she hasn't scratched half as much. Dried them up quicker too.

Hope LO is ok x

Hello,

LO has catched chickenpox and seemed to have scratched them! problem is, I am working and LO is at home with dad, so I can't really see that much what is going on. the blisters are all crusted over, but the ones where the crust has come off (for whatever reason) look like a crater in the skin!

will this all heal or will it give a scar?

I am so worried and will appreciate your help!

use an anti itch cream not camomile its useless, buy some eurax cream its brilliant she wont itch with this on an give heer some piriton

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->