chickens

My mum has chickens and I've had to look after them in the past when she's been away etc, it's really easy and the food is cheap. They have their coop and a run. They're let out in the morning and given food and clean water and then when it gets dark they're shut back in their coop and that's pretty much it, they have a lot of dirt to scratch around in and they're pretty happy. And I have to say, their eggs are better than any store bought eggs I've had, even free range local farm ones x

I live in the country and everyone seemed to have them, cockerels drive me mad :/

think i may have to leave it for now then, I have neighbours both sides don't want to drive them mad haha ill have to wait till I can get myself a nice rural house with a nice big garden :)

I live in a terraced house. We spoke to the neighbours first though and they were fine about it. One says they can't hear a thing, the other says he can, but he's a miserable arse who just likes to complain. His dog and kids (and shouting at them) make far more noise!

the noisiest period we have is between 7.30-8.30am. That's when they lay and they cluck to let you know. We limit their free range time (they have a 12ft run) as last year they ruined the garden and ate all my plants. But they are given lots of treats and you taste it in the eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->