Child #3 or quit while ahead? Worries!

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
I have 2 perfect children, should I quit while ahead? Part of me feels like I'm pushing my luck.
Concerns:
* I'd be 37 poss 38 - would I be around enough when they're older?
* Increased risk of special needs = impact of that on current children
* My 2 boys are so close, do I wanna risk upsetting that dynamic?

Can anyone offer any pearls of wisdom on being an older parent/risks of pregnancy when older/going from 2 to 3

TIA

Hi hun, sorry I'm not going to be much use, I'm not in my 30s I had my children quite young but I really can't decide whether to have a third or not, right now in the newborn stage it is not lol but I'm not sure I feel "done". Instead of focussing on the reasons for not having a 3rd, what are your reasons for wanting a 3rd? Might be easier to compare the two then :)

I notice our boys have almost the same age gap, I've been worried that 3 years is a bit big for them to be close, can I ask how the gap works for you? (Sorry not the point of your post haha!)

They are incredibly close. They are becoming closer the older they get atm. Initially before Euan was, say, 5m Ethan got a bit annoyed that the baby wasn't interacting and I had to really stop myself from constantly saying 'be careful'. Now he older they play quite rough and tumble but once over 6m I felt confident that if the little one wasn't happy he'd cry someplace them to it now. Sometimes he'd squeeze his hand when younger as that guaranteed a response (he'd cry!) but he love playing. Ethan is a very active boy though and loves chasing and being silly. I think it's down to personalities - a child who liked to sit and be quiet, draw, jigsaw etc would find it harder.
Lovely to see Euan dote on his big bro and Ethan loves his little bro. One of my worries for a third is what if it impacts on their closeness!

We are now TTC no3.

Although I'm 27, my hubby is in late 30s.

If you have has two healthy pregnancies, I wouldn't let age worry you. My mum had my sister at 39, and she had the easiest pregnancy and complication-free birth out of all of us.

If its what you want, go for it.

I'm the same and can't decide either. My boys have almost the same age gap as yours (3 years 4 days) and they are very close too, I love seeing how much they love each other.

If we do try again it would probably be more like a 4 year gap so I worry the 3rd wouldn't fit in with the older boys, especially if it was a girl. Although we recently got a new nephew and both my boys love him to bits too so I think they would accept another sibling.

I guess you also don't know if they will stay close even if it is only the two of them as a lot can change over time.

Sorry I don't have much advice since I am sort of in the same position as you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->