Child care or grandparents?????

matchings0cks

Reaction score
Which do you think is better... i have heard stories about how child care improves your childs people skild as well as they learn some stuff before school so they find it easier..... but then the idea of grandparents is nice too as its family looking after them..............:wacko:

In my case would be my OH's parents and i am not sure i could cope with that as what if they are doing something i disagree with or not doing something ithink they should how do you give off without the risk of starting a argument!!! :wacko:

We have decided when we have a little one it will be in nursery 3 days a week and at my Mum's the other 2 :) then he/she will get the best of both :) x

See i dont think would be as worried if it was my mum as i know i could give off to her and she would know i mean no harm as she knows what ia m like... but never had to do it with my OH's mum so might be harder???

My mom takes Rian and I couldn't be happier. I don't worry if she is getting the care and attention she needs, my mom is teaching her all the things I want her to be taught (morals and manners etc). It is free childcare which is a bonus too!!! I plan on sending her to a half day preschool a few times a week when she is 3 years old to prep her for school.I worked in daycare for 9 years and I have seen how some children get treated by shitty childcare providers...so no daycare for my girlie!!

My mum looks after Jack the 3 days i am at work and they both love it :)

He has a really good relationship with her and she just loves having his company.

Really couldnt afford childcare tbh but sometimes i think it would be nice for him to be with other children and interact but he will be going to playgroup soon so happy with the way things are with family looking after him :flower:

When the time comes that hubby and I have a child, we are very lucky to have both sets of grandparents who dont work and are more than willing to watch the little one. Hubby works mon to fri 9-5 and I work shifts, so it would only be a couple of hours a day that childcare would be required.

Lesley xxx

We don't have an option. We don't live anywhere near family any more after we moved away from the area years ago (wanted to live and bring children up in a nicer place, which it most certainly is - no regrets).

So, it'll be childcare for us. We'll have to sit down and work out the figures when I'm pregnant though, as it may well be more expensive to go back to work than for me to stay at home with the cost of some places!

Pheebs goes to OH's parents one day, Nursery two mornings and my parents one afternoon a week while I work. She loves nursery and I would probably send her there the afternoon as well instead of my mums but it is also expensive which is way she goes to the grandparents. It does mean her week is all over the place and not consistant but she does get the best of bost worlds, time with the grandparents and learning at nursery.
I though was informed by both sets of granparents this week that when we have our second they wont look after the two of them as it will be too much, which is a bit of a worrier but will sort something.

Having worked in a few nurseries, there's no way any child of mine would be going to one. IMO the best place is with family you trust or a good registered childminder, who will teach, do stimulating activities, and only have a small number of children so have more time for your little one.

Hopefully I won't need to go back to work, but if I do it would only be one or two days a week to stay below the 16 hours so I don't have to pay tax, and my Mum would look after LO. :) I don't like the idea of nursery or childminders for the whole day as I would find it so hard to trust them enough. Once they get to three LO would be at nursery anyway in the mornings, so I wouldnt be worrying about their social development as they will be seeing lots of other LO's, just not in the nursery environment. :)

i went to a childminder from 3 months to 13 years and only stopped going because she passed away (other children still visited even past 18) and to be honest i wouldn't have traded it for anything, she was like a third grandmother and i made so many friends of all different ages and we always had fun outings.

my youngest brother however had to go to a nursery and to be honest he didn't have the same fantastic experience that we did which is a shame, it all seemed very clinical.

so for me i don't think i would like to use a nursery, but a good childminder would be great, although i think the new government regulations has meant they are harder to find, probably gone by the time i have children

at the moment, we're really lucky that i don't have to work. if i did return to work though, we're lucky again that it would be part time and my mum could care for Maddi. For us, this would be the best option all round, as maddi has an amazing relationship with my parents, so wouldn't worry if i had to work and leave her with them.

I think it all depends on the relationship you have with your parents/the grandparents. maddi doesn't really no my OH parent's, so if it was me returning to work and either they looking after her or a nursery, then i'd choose the nursery, as i'd want her surrounded by other children, in a play school environment.

i think neither,when we had our 2 children i went back 5 till 9 so i had them during the day and my husband on an evening i now work the 2 evenings and a saturday so again other half has them so when we have a new baby the same will apply,i know some people cant help but have to leave them with others but for us the choice was that we wanted children and to be here for them not for someone else to have them

Well when I actually think about it... I dont think I would trust my LO with my MIL (its hard enough to trust her with my puppy) and my mum lives 30 miles away so it wouldnt be convenient for her so we will probably end up with childcare depending on the cost but we will work this out when I catch!

xxx

My mom owns a childcare center so I'm sure baby will be with her if needed. At the same time I would like to find another place on some days just to change it up when baby is older. I think both are good for different reasons.

OH & I work opposite shifts, but if I need childcare, Elyse goes with my mum or OH's mum.

Honestly I really like the idea of daycare, the chance to interact with other kids and trips and things like that, but it is not in my budget..

It's nice to have them go with their grandparents, you trust them, they raised you so you can rely on them to treat your kid well and usually they're somewhat 'like you'.. but I sometimes feel guilty for having our parents watch Elyse when I work & OH can't.

For me and my other half it would be easier and more affordable to have me working part time and for his or my mother to look after baby for two days a week, it's not very much really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->