child free by 8pm?!?!?! **UPDATE**

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
We had our (late) 6 week check today and everything is going great.

Ive been feeding harry every 2 hours day and night but the HV told me today i need to eek it out to be feeding him 3 hourly and then soon 4 hourly at night...... that would be amazing!!! She said he prob doesnt need the milk every 2 hours he is just waking out of habit and wanting a nuzzle!!! :dohh:
He weighs 13lb 12oz so hes certainly getting more than enough the lil chubba!! :rofl:

She has also told us to change his bedtime, we run his bath at 9pm and by the time hes bathed, dressed and fed he goes down at 10pm.
Shes told us to do his bath at 7pm and then he will be down by 8pm..... Anais goes to bed at 8pm so we could have a child free evening :happydance:

We shall try it tonight and see how it goes......... fingers crossed!!!

:happydance: UPDATE - Well Dylan went to bed at 7pm, we bathed Harry got him dressed and i fed him then put him into bed at 8pm, Anais then said goodnight and went off to bed!!! So far Harry has stirred once but just for a dopey lil whinge, no screaming yet!!!! :happydance:

worth a try! at the moment I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old who both go to bed at 6pm, dinner at 4:30 bath at 5:30 then bed :)one of the things I am not looking forward to with the new baby coming is losing my evenings!

sophie

Oooo you're doing well!!! Our 2yr old goes at 7pm and our 7yr old goes at 8pm or a bit later if she can blag it!! I bet you will be able to get the new LO in a good routine too x

Good luck! Niamh tends to feed every 3 hours during the day, but seems to be going 5 hours at night now. I think it's just a fluke though!

hope it works for u :) xxx

Renah's started to pace herself going up to 7 hours at night with no feed! But only if I put her down at 11:30pm :( I wish she'd go to bed at 8,but it just won't happen. She won't even go at 10. She keeps waking the second I put her down unless its at 11:30.

Good luck though! Sounds like a plan to me!

Since Kyle was born we had a strict bedtime. In the sense, he was always down everynight between 7pm and 8pm, it seems to have work cause he's still the same now, unless he's unwell, or we've had to mess his schedule up during the day. Good luck, hope it works!

Jasmine goes into her bed at 8... but she usually falls asleep by 7. I give her a bottle at 8 though. G?ood luck! She sleeps through until 7.

Hope all goes well tonight for you! I put Jacob down at half 7 after a bath and bottle and he sleeps till 6.30am so hopefully you will have the same luck! x

Ive been doing that with max since hes been 2 months old and love it :)

Good luck! Hannah used to go to bed around 8-8:30 but now she's in bed between 6-7 (usually averages about 6:30) It's great!

Oooh! Good Luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes! I still don't get our little man down until after 10 and he isn't feeding much through the night really! usualy just wakes once (twice at mo as he has a cold!) But then he sleeps until about 9am. Could really do with shifting his routine forward a couple of hours! Going to give it a try!

Try not to get too stressed if it doesn't work. Kaya fed every two hours until she was at least 4 months. HVs don't always understand breastfeeding.

Good luck, I hope it works! :p

Lexie feeds every 3-4 hours during the day. Has her bath at 6:30, feed at 7:00 till 7:30 then beddy-bo's at 8:00pm. She wakes up at 3:00am, and 9:00am. It's working beltin so far.

Have updated...... so far so good!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck hun - looks like you got off to a good start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->