Child Medications!!!!!!!

sglascoe

Mum of 4, Soon 5
Reaction score
My 3 year old son has got a chest infection, i took him to the doctors and she perscribed an inhaler and some antibiotics, which i am finding really difficult to get down him, he just refuses to take it, i have tried putting it in with his juice but i think he can taste it.

please have any got any suggestions.:shrug:

does he still have a dummy? you can get medicine dispenser that are like dummies from Great little Trading i think

only other thing i can suggest is getting s syringe thing from the chemist and trying that way, also bribery may work well

Oh, gosh, hon, I sympathize. I used to put the antibiotics in my daughter's bottle. At first she wouldn't take it because it tasted different. But she is still like that and won't take medicine. I dread the time I have to truly, truly give either of my kids antibiotic medicine now.

Does he like smoothies or milk shakes? I know the antibiotics come in different flavors and perhaps you can mix it into a smoothie with milk and a banana or with ice cream like a milk shake.

I think you may have to use tough love on him hon if all else fails.

Do you think perhaps his throat is hurting too? How has he been eating?

Oh, gosh, hon, I sympathize. I used to put the antibiotics in my daughter's bottle. At first she wouldn't take it because it tasted different. But she is still like that and won't take medicine. I dread the time I have to truly, truly give either of my kids antibiotic medicine now.

Does he like smoothies or milk shakes? I know the antibiotics come in different flavors and perhaps you can mix it into a smoothie with milk and a banana or with ice cream like a milk shake.

I think you may have to use tough love on him hon if all else fails.

Do you think perhaps his throat is hurting too? How has he been eating?

Yes he has been eating fine, he seems alot better today, still the cough tho.

As we speak he is drinking a nice banana milkshake and thoroughly enjoying it(little does he know i have put his banana flavour antibiotics in it):happydance:, nice thinking batman, i only give him sugar free juice normally, but he will be having a milkshake three times aday now.

Just hope he doenst get used to it.:dohh:

Thanks ladies.

Yay! Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, even if it's ice cream. :) Glad to hear that he's feeling a bit better too. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->