Childcare for working parents! Effects on a sensitive child.

C

Ceejay123

Hey Guys :flower:

I start my full time placement tomorrow (NERVOUS!) and my LO starts full time nursery. He's been there for a couple of years, 1-2 days a week as I'm at Uni, the staff are very excited about having him more.

I'm very nervous about leaving him full time, two years on he still sobs his heart out every time I drop him off! They recently did his two year review, and put him on ahead or average at everything.. Except emotional capabilities. By this they mean that he is the most sensitive and emotional child they have, and that he can't often calm himself down or cope with his emotions. They think this is why he is still such a Mummys boy (clingy) my fault, I know. They've said it's lovely that he's so sensitive, but at the same time it means he needs a lot more protecting from everyday things and emotions. I've never met a more sensitive child.

I understand that this next year (itll only be 12 months) may be good for him in this respect, it may give him some much needed independence at a time that he really needs it... At the same time I'm also terrified of .. throwing him in at the deep end, for lack of a better term. My OH is still at home for the next few weeks..(student too) however we wanted to introduce Riley to his new routine a few weeks early so that we have wiggle room if hes upset.

How did your child react to full time nursery? :flower:

Awe- hopefully all went better than you thought hun. I can imagine any change would be an adjustment- but maybe, in the long run, this will be a good thing for him. Sorry no great advise.

Hope all is going well ! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->