Childminder or Nursery?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Which one do you use girls ...did or even plan to?

x

Childminder for me, Charlie has been with her since he was 4 months old he will start reception class this September. I did however use the 15 free hours you get once they turn 3 and have his child minder to.

I like the idea of a childminder wanted to keep it as near as possible to him being at home with me.......:hug:

Oscar will be going to creche. It's run by the university so its the best option for us. We popped in to check it out and it looks fab. I dread leaving him there though :lol: but I think thats gonna b the same for any carer I leave him with.
The crech has cctv and is kept a close eye on, i feel happy about that.

I think its best to go with your gut feeling in regard to these things

I'm assuming child minder is like a nanny? If so, I just hired one, she starts next Thursday, I'm VERY excited and relieved about it. It makes it possible for me to work from home and still feel like I'm being a mom.

My Mother will be watching Jace when i go back go work on 9/2

rhys had a nanny until last month but hes going into nursery in septemeber to get him used to interatcting with other kids

i worked in a nursery before having jack and i think it depends on the child. some children like being with a childminder and having almost 1-1 care where as others love being in nursery and interacting with other children x

nicole went to both. she went to a nursery when she was 2, when i went back to work and then once she started pre school she went to a childminder and i think i prefered the childminder. the childminder worked out abit cheaper too.

seth is going to nursery in nov :(

xxx

If my mum wasnt going to look after my Lo then a childminder I would prefer......more of a one to one with the child....also if you have a good childminder then your child gets to know them and also they get to go out more and do more activities rather than be in a nursery all the time....

Nursery! Rebecca has been since 4 months-pro's and con's to both really

And Rachiebaby24-id tend to disagree-Nursery has tonnes of activities/outings..

And Wobbs to let you into a little insight, I have attended a toddlers groups 4 days per week since having Lucy which is full of childminders, and it has me off totally-they have their favourites (kids) kids are left to their own devices, spoken to like crap at times!

I had considered removing Rebecca from nursery til I attended this group.

So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really!

Nursery - Will do, eventually. Although I'm trying to put it off forever! :rofl: I really wish I didn't have to work but I will have to. Gah.

Childminder, I feel they have much more time and attention to give to the kids x

Childminder, I feel they have much more time and attention to give to the kids x

i have to disagree with this comment as i worked in a nursery and that is not always the case

i have to disagree with this comment as i worked in a nursery and that is not always the case

I agree with Clairbear, it's the same either way.

A chilminder is registered to care for up to 3 children of pre school age and 3 children of school age. So not really 1-1 relationships in most cases.

My son has attended Nursery since being 7 months old, he's now 14 months and he absolutely loves it.
He has lots of little friends, he plays with different toys to what he has at home, he paints, chalks, does water play etc They play outside every day unless the weathers crap.
They go on outtings, even at his age he goes at least once a month to the local park or library.
He interacts well with other children and he has 1-1 cuddles every day with his key worker.

I know it sounds silly but to me, I feel he has a lot of carers who are always around whereas with one carer I'd be worried about what went on behind closed doors with favourites and discipline etc.

Most definately personal choice.

Cx

Childminder would be my choice as they usually get more attention as they have less kids to look after, are in a homely environment and tend to teach them better life skills in my opinion :) But its personal preferance really, they both have there pros and cons x

I was thinking childminder to begin with at least then when hes older nursery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->