Childminder Problem

loopylou86

Reaction score
I am looking into childminders and a lady said she wasnt allowed to disclose her ofsted number. How am I supposed to check her ofsted report? Thanks

I thought you had to get it for tax credit purposes???

I would be a bit concerned if I couldnt get it... how do you know she has one if she wont give it?????

Nope she has to show you proof that she is registered and had been inspected - that a bit fishy !!!

I thought you had to get it for tax credit purposes???

I would be a bit concerned if I couldnt get it... how do you know she has one if she wont give it?????

I have no idea and I am new to all this.

That doesn't sound right. Maybe ring ofsted and ask if your allowed access to her ofsted number x

YOu do need the number to claim childcare vouchers - my childminder has always been open and honest about hers. I'd be very wary of her trying to keep it from you. There is no reason not to tell you!

Its because once you have the ofsted number you can claim tax credits .

Some people go to the childminder, get the ofsted number and then start to claim tax credits and never use the childminder

I couldn't get the nursery one until he started but they did give me a copy of their ofsted report beforehand x

Edit tax credits for childcare I meant x

you need her number for tax credits and as a registered child minder, she should show you anything you want!

You can search by her name and address on the Ofstead website.

As previously said, people do go to childminders get their Ofstead numbers and claim for childcare when they are actually not. Which is probably why she's reluctant to give it out.
:flower:

https://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Inspection-reports/Early-years-and-childcare

The Ofstead website :)

Find that slightly strange, maybe she hasnt got one. When I made a claim for WTC & CTC my son's childminder gave me her ofsted number, no questions asked.

She said she isn't allowed to disclose it but will show me a report when I visit. To be honest I would rather check myself as no point visiting if she is poor. X

I would be thinking it's a bit suspicious.

Its because once you have the ofsted number you can claim tax credits .

Some people go to the childminder, get the ofsted number and then start to claim tax credits and never use the childminder

I couldn't get the nursery one until he started but they did give me a copy of their ofsted report beforehand x

Edit tax credits for childcare I meant x

Never thought about that :dohh: I must be too honest :haha:

Why can't she disclose it? I got a list of all the minders ofsted number in my area when i was looking for a minder.

You can search by her name and address on the Ofstead website.

As previously said, people do go to childminders get their Ofstead numbers and claim for childcare when they are actually not. Which is probably why she's reluctant to give it out.
:flower:

No you can't search for childminders by their name and address. You can search for Nurseries and schools by their name or address but not childminders. To search for a childminder on the OFSTED website you need their unique reference number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->