Childminder & School communication?

PresqueVu

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 4 year old is picked up after school three times a week by a childminder. She is brilliant, exactly the kind of character that my son does well with.

There have been some issues with the school rep not giving her relevant information about my son's day when she picks him up. I've told them I'm happy for her to have most information and they can check with us for anything sensitive, but they are being a little resistant to talking to her. He's having a hard time with some aspects of school, and I do feel she's an important part of us all working together to help with this - she's our representative when we aren't there, after all!

I understand there may be some data protection or so forth involved, but just wondered if anyone on here could point me at the relevant legislation? or if anyone here is a childminder and is aware of how childminders and schools should be working together?

I don't know about any legislation but I would of thought that if you signed something to say the info you are happy with the childminder having then you should be fine.
The other option is having a book that the teacher writes in. My daughter isn't able to tell me what she's done at school so her 1:1 worker writes any relevant info in a book for me to read once I get home. This also means that I am not misquoting the info when I talk to my OH.

Thanks hun, he's got a communication book for other reasons actually which I've said she can look at. She's basically been told she can't have the information she asks for sometimes, which seems odd to me - as his parents are fine with it and have told them so...!

I'm just looking for a perspective as if I do have to make a fuss, I want to know what is 'normal'! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->