Children with NEC

memysonand3

all done & loven my kids
Reaction score
i had my triplets on christmas and at five days ol my daughter developed NEC baisically it killed most of her intestines and they had to remove up to 70% of her intestines and all of her colon she also had open heart surgery

baisically my daugter wont be able to eat real food till she is about 4 or five years old and that is if we can make it to that age she will be on iv nuetrients for her whole life

normal things you would think that wouldnt matter we will have to call the doctors and she will pretty much live in and out of the hospital

the doctor thinks that i need to take her off of the life support that she is on but she isnt doing bad now she is actually staying steady i dont think i can litterally pull the cord on her i just cant i think she has every right to life even if it will be hard i dont want to take away that choice from her

if the doctor had told me that she will never get better and will always be a vegtable i would take her off of the life support but she has a chance to play and go to school and kind of be a normal child

Big Hugs honey xx My son has a heart defect, You and your family are in my thoughts xxx

I know this is a really old thread and know memysonand3's girls are thriving but my son had NEC and I couldnt find any positive stories about it when I googled so thought I would add my story on here in case anyone else fines it useful - or encouraging in those dark panicky nights and days - here is the link xxxxxx https://www.babyandbump.com/prematu...y-positive-story-hope-its-ok.html#post4580766

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->