Chips, fried rice and curry?

chippys around here do sell curry sauce but I absolutely wouldn't ever want to have curry with chips. It's so wrong to me lol. Curry and rice yes, but not curry and chips!

And I also can't imagine eating 2 different types of carbs together. My plate needs to contain either rice, or a potato product, or pasta. Not a combination of these lol

I can't believe they sell it in chippys, never found it in chippys here. Just chineses!

I'd have curry and chips OR curry and rice, but i don't fancy both together!

I can't believe they sell it in chippys, never found it in chippys here. Just chineses!

Same here. You can get chips & curry at the Chippy but if you want chips, rice & curry, then you have to go to the chinese.

In Liverpool, the best chippies are also Chinese takeaways :lol: Omg stop it, girls. I can't get anything of the sort here; I'm going to have to convince OH to take me for lunch at the Chinese banquet tomorrow after antenatal class now. No curry rice and chips, but should get my hands on some sweet and sour nom nom.

Yup, a curry half and half :)

Not from a chippy tho, they don't do rice.

All the chip shops around here do Chinese too. We don't have any chips shops that only sell fish and chips really, which is why I said chippy although it's technically a Chinese :haha:

I do miss chippies. We have one or two in the tourist resort, but they're rubbish, don't do any Chinese and you're looking at equivalent of £18 for two fish dinners!

Our chip shops are Chinese takeaways too. I'm not big on it, it seems really strange to me to have rice AND chips on the same plate, you'd never do it with any other meal! I've had it though, it's okay, only with boiled rice mind.

ive never seen this in London and tbh sounds like a carb overload! I rarely eat chips though

It's the only thing I like from the Chinese. I have egg fried rice chips and curry sauce. Oh and prawn crackers!! I'm from cheshire!x

Curry and chips OR curry and rice sounds amazing right now but not both.
Saying that I would give anything a try once!
I am from Essex and have never seen that advertised here or in London though xx

Mmmm yes yummy! Even boiled rice chips and curry are good, I remember we always used to have that on the way home from the pub when we were students!

Feel like I'm missing out now, never tried it!

I haven't seen it offered as a dish around here, although I have eaten curry on several occasions and been offered rice, chips or half and half so I definitely don't find it weird.

Is it a North/South thing? I'm down in Essex but DH is from Co. Durham so I'll ask him tonight :)

Never seen it here either (London).

I want curry for dinner now.

Iv never tried it, but it sounds amazing. Im thinking with a chip shop curry sauce though? Or do you have it with a proper curry.
Fancy some chips and curry sauce now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->