Chips, fried rice and curry?

Up here, in Fife, it's called a curry split. A container with half egg fried rice, half chips and smothered in chinese curry sauce. Usually it comes open with a plastic fork.... Maybe that's just me?

ive never seen this in London and tbh sounds like a carb overload! I rarely eat chips though

It's a total carb overload, very stodgy, and only to be enjoyed rarely :lol: I don't think I'd like it with fried rice, though. Omg I need to stay away from this thread, I'm getting cravings I can't satisfy. I will try this recipe in future, though...I wonder if it's anything like it...

https://www.china-expats.com/HowTo_ChineseCurrySauce.htm

Is this more of a northern thing? Most of us Londoners haven't heard of it!!

When you say curry do you mean curry sauce? We get chips and curry sauce from chippy or rice and curry sauce from Chinese! There's only 1 chippy/Chinese near me and I don't drive so never use it.

I don't like rice so wouldn't buy it, but I love chips and curry sauce.

That's my favourite thing from the chinese :) with a few battered chicken balls. Om nom!

I have chips and fried rice on the side on korma or lemon chicken :)

Is this more of a northern thing? Most of us Londoners haven't heard of it!!

When you say curry do you mean curry sauce? We get chips and curry sauce from chippy or rice and curry sauce from Chinese! There's only 1 chippy/Chinese near me and I don't drive so never use it.

I don't like rice so wouldn't buy it, but I love chips and curry sauce.

It does seem to be more common up north!

And yeah I mean curry sauce, there's no meat in it or anything :)

I think its a more North West thing all the chippies in Liverpool when I lived there were also Chinese take outs, I now live in Essex and I havent seen a chippie yet that is a Chinese and all the Chinese take outs I have been to dont do a half and half, sweet and sour was my personal favourite

I have been craving this from the moment I read about it!!

I know chips are on the menu at the Chinese but I'd never order them with my meal.
I love chips and curry sauce, also proper curry on chips too, I love rice and curry, but I'd not want to eat them all together.
I was going to say carb overload too, but then I do love a chip butty which is also carb overload.
Xx

I'm confused :lol:
I don't think the chip shops here do rice? But you can have chips with curry sauce in a pot.
From the chinese before with a friend we've ordered chicken curry then had rice and chips to split between us.

I'm confused :lol:
I don't think the chip shops here do rice? But you can have chips with curry sauce in a pot.
From the chinese before with a friend we've ordered chicken curry then had rice and chips to split between us.

I've only ever ordered it from the Chinese!

Although chips and chip shop curry sauce is good too :rofl:

Omg it's amazing. I need some now...

our chippys dont sell rice but when i worked in a chippy i LOVEDDDDDDD chips & curry sauce in a roll!!! oh im hungry now!!! xx

Mmmmm yes! Morrisons do a basic curry sauce for 20p that tastes EXACTLY like chip shop curry sauce, it's amazing!

Chips, rice and curry is like the staple diet where I live :haha: the chippy does curry sauce but not rice so you would need to get this combo from the chinese!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->