Chloe Amy 23/07/08 *again*

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
When Chloe was born I was very upset about her birth and only did a very brief story. I've been dying to do a proper one, so I will if you don't mind- Thanks!!

I woke up on Friday 18th July at exactly 38 weeks in a lovely wet patch, nothing gushed or anything like that but when I stood up water leaked out so I phoned the hospital. They said to go down at some point during the day, so I went to a meeting all day and went to hospital that evening. Had an internal and they tested liquid said it was inconclusive but she was 100% sure it was heavy discharge and sent me home after a sweep.

Leaked all weekend, went to cinema on the sunday as I was sure something would happen if I was in an incovenient place! WRONG!

Woke up monday and was still very wet and was sure it was my waters then worried cos if it was then they'd been leaking all weekend so phoned hospital and spoke to a different midwife who told e to go straight down. When we got there it was the midwife who tested me on friday and she was not inmpressed I was back. Turns out I was right and my waters had been leaking all weekend and she wanted me induced that night. So I was admitted but by 11pm still hadnt seen dr so I told them I would go back in the morning as I wanted to get some sleep!!

Tuesday am back to hospital, had gel inserted at 10:15 and was told it would take a while as my cervix was still thick. She guessed I would need 3 lots of gel. Well by 2pm I was having string contractions every 8 mins so they didnt give me anymore and I started doing laps of the hospital!

7pm=3cm dilated and I was taken to labour ward to have my forewaters broken. This took half an hour and I thought I was going to die, it was by far the most painful part and the midwife was literally all fours on the bed yanking at them with the hook thing.

Once they had gone contractions came thick and fast, poor Mark went and asked if I could have paracetamol, she said I might like something a little stronger now that the contractions were 2 mins apart. Within 15mins the contractions were on top of each other and I was happily bouncing on my ball laughing that I hadnt used gas and air yet!

Then it went pear shaped, my blood pressure was 140/100 and they wanted me on a electric monitor that would do my BP every 10 mins so my ball was packed away :cry: I had to stay on my bed for a while. AFter 20 mins the alarms went off and my BP was 160/120 and I was put on a drip, baby monitored so I was literally pinned to the bed, I couldnt even lie on my side. I had medication to bring BP down that made me very sick so they gave me nothing else. Started on gas and air but hated it so with every contraction had one tiny puff dont think it even did anything!

At 11pm I was examined and was 5cm. I remember asking when they would check again and she said 4 hours and I said "you what? I'll still be here in 4 hours? You're wrong!" She just laughed.

Just gone 12 I announced I needed to push and was told I could if I wanted- thanks! Then senior midwife came in and was whispering in the corner with the mw they were talking about c section, fitting, me dying but noone spoke to me, turns out she wanted me to stop pushing because my BP was so high. The mw said I didnt need it I was doing so well keeping myself relaxed with my music and just gas and air that she thought c section would make my BP worse as my mentality was getting me through the labour :blush: so I kept pushing.

After an hour I was still pushing convinced I was going to theatre, I just could not get her out. I looked at the clock, it was 1:30 am and I thought thats it I cant do it. I pushed once more and I heard a scream come out of my mouth (I'd not made a sound until that point) and Chloe appeared at 1:33. I'd used just gas and air and had been flat on my back the whole time. I remember shouting "an 8lber!" and the midwife said no way. Turns out she was 6lb 12oz and just perfect. She didnt cry so I panicked. Her eyes were wide open and I thought the worst, but turns out she was just incredibly alert and she never did cry! I did!!! For the first time in my life I was proud of myself.

Thanks for letting me share the whole story finally.

what a wonderful, amazing birth story, well done you! chloe really is just gorgeous, congratulations :)

What an amazing birth story, thanks for sharing :)

Amazing! Congratulations and well done! If things had gone to plan (i.e. no high blood pressure etc) then it would have been the picture perfect birth!

Thanks for sharing :)

aaw the story's dead lovely, i love you your mentality can keep you goin!! and she was born on my birthday!!!!

Just read this and realised that Chloe was born 1 day and 3 mins after Ally! You should feel really proud of yourself for getting through the birth and all the worry before it with your waters leaking :hugs:

:hugs: thats an amazing story, congratulations!!

And so you should be proud of yourself. What an achievement!!! your little girl is beautiful :hug:

aww thanks for sharing your full story with us, well done :hugs:

Congratulations! I love your story I just wish I could do it with just gas and air! XxX

Congratulations hun, and thanks for sharing your story.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->