Chloe finally arrived on her own steam 6days overdue

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
Quite long so i will sumarise for people who dont want to read it all. Chloe was born by water birth with just gas and air on tue 12th at 9.08pm weighing 9lbs 12oz, needed internal stitches but other than that all was perfect. (pics at bottom)

i woke up at about 6am on tuesday 12th morning and thought i feky a trickling i went to the toilet to check it wasnt my bladder being too full and decided to go back to bed. Well back in bed i realised i wasnt actually getting any sleep as i kept getting tightenings every 8-10 mins they werent really painful but had a slight bit of pain with them. i didnt wanna get my hopes up as had too many times before.

However at around 7 am i still hadnt been able to get back to sleep so me and DH decided to get up. At this point i was pretty sure it was something so i got my Dh to put tens machine and just got on with a few things and tried to keep mobile and active. I also rang the labour suiet becuase of what i thought was trickling waters. They told me to put a pad on and monitor it and ring back at 12.30.

Around 10am me and my DH decided to take a quick walk to asda as we werent sure how quick labour was gonna be so he wanted to get a few bits and bobs and a bit of food. I was still coping really well on the tens machine i could feel the contractions getting more intense but not too bad at all.

Got back and rang the labour suite back at 12.30, becuase i was still trickling they asked me to go in to see if it was indeed my waters. By the time i had contacted my mum to take me to the hospital she had got ready and got us there is was about 2.30, 3pm. The MW said i was definightly in labour and gave us some toast and tea and left my DH with some clary sage to rub onto my bump to try and get things going quicker.

At about 4.30 she did an internal to try and find out if it was my waters or not, she said she wasn't 100% sure they may have been trickling very slowly. I was 3cm dilated she did a sweep to try and helo speed things up. She told Me, DH and my mum to go for a walk as she beleived this would also help. Well my mum used to work at the hospital so she took us for a 45min walk up and down loads of stairs ect, we also popped back to the car for the bags.

In the end we had to cut the walk short as my contractions were 2mins apart and it was getting more uncomfy to walk however was still coping well with just the tens machine.

When i got back the MW couldnt beleive how well i was coping and she said i had started to get that definightlabour flush. She left us alone for a bit and i carried on trying to keep as mobile as i could.

At 6ish the midwife asked if we wanted to us the birthing pool, and seeing as i couldnt have a homebirth due to a funny turn earlier in the week i said yes and she started to run it. I got in about 6.45 and found it so much easier to get a comfy position. I stayed in there with no pain relif just the water and then my partner joined me in the water at about 7.30. After i had been in the water a while with my DH the MW decided to do a quick examination t see how dilated i was, i was 9cm and she broke my waters, when she did this the contractions got much more intense again and i started to us the gas and air, pretty soon after my waters being broken i felt the urge to start pushing, i was pushing for about 30mins and Chloe was born and 9.08pm with both me and my DH in the pool. It was such and amazing experiance, i was able to grab Chloe myself as she floated to the surface.

I deleivered the afterbirth in the water to make it easier i was given the injection to do this due to the fact i had low iron during pregnancy. and then i had a bit of heavy blood loss when i got out of the pool so i had to be given a 2nd injection to make my uterus contract. All was fine i went back to my room and was allowed skin to skin contact with Chloe she was then weighted and i fed her. The MW said she was 9lbs 8oz (she converted it from the KG's that the scales told her) however she was a student and we found out yesterday at my 5day check that she converted it wrong and Chloe was actually 9lbs 12oz when born. I breast fed Chloe
However the MW's then realised i had quite a bad internal tear so i ended up having to go to thearter for a spinal to have my stitches. Other than the the birth was just perfect.

https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/DSCF3071-Copy.jpg

https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/1111.jpg

9lb12 - with gas n air only !! welll done hunni x x x

shes fab!!!

hope ur stiches feel better soon x

aww well done she is lovely and some size jings my biggest was 7lbs lol

congrats hun shes beautiful xx

Congratulations!!!! You did so well doing it all on gas and air. Well done! x

omg she is amazing! i love big babies and u have given me hope that i might be able to do it in the pool just on gas and air so thank you!!!

Im all excited now!!! xxx

Congrats honey!!

What a greta story, you almost make it sound easy!!! So glad you got a water birth and had such a good experience! She is such a cutie and you look so serene and content! Enjoy every second.

Oh - and you made me so happy that i gave in and bought a TENS machine!

Welcome to the world, Chloe!!

Lots of love,

Michelle XX

your sooo lucky to of had your water birth :cloud9:
Congratulations... shes gorgeous x

Congrats hun you did amazingly!! She is such a cutie! xx

oh wow, your birth story didn't sound bad at all, you were able to walk about during it anf everything! she's gorgeous, congrats!

Congratulations!!! - Chloe is v v v cute :flower:

hx

Congratulations she is absolutely beautiful, you must be so proud! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back