Choked on my vitamin

Littlebear11

Reaction score
Almost every time I take my vitamin I choke on it but today it actually got stuck and I ended up throwing it all up but I'm so scared to continue taking them. I already cut the pill in half because it's way to big but I don't know how I'm suppose to get my vitamins :( please help I need new ways to get it down.

I get that way throughout my first trimesters. I switch to a gummy vitamin until I can stomach a whole one.

This happens to me every morning and then I throw up all the pills I just took. It's horrible but I'm considering switching to kiddies Omega3 just so I can swallow it.

I dread the time of day that I have to take my vitamin. I'm going to speak with my doctor at my appointment today hopefully I can switch to something else. I deffintly can't do it for the next 7 months.

I agree. Try a gummy? They won't pack as much of a punch but we pee out most of it anyway lol. You could try using milk to mask the pill, just be careful because absorbing calcium tends to slow down/block absorption of the nutrients you get from the pill. I threw my prenatal up once when I choked on it and the next few days it was tough to get down :(. Hang in there!

Because i am so scared of taking tablets i have purchased a melt tablet. Most of those tablets are so huge, i get nervous about taking paracetamols let alone these other ones. See what you can find in the shop, there should be other alternatives. Hope you find something more suitable for you. :) x

My doctor recommended I crush it up and put it in yogurt so I'm going to give that a try and hopefully it works. I've searched everywhere for the gummy ones and just can't find them.

I got gummy vitamins for that reason. I hate how big the vitamins are. I found mine at target they had 4 or 5 different options.

There are other pills that come smaller (you may have to take more in the day) or gummies.

I'm really picky about my vitamins and I take a gummy, I find it has almost everything I want. I take the smartypants prenantal vitamin, it's gummy but you have to take 6 a day. I get it at Target and it's frequently on the cartwheel.

The only things we take during pregnancy here (prescribed by the midwife) are folic acid and iodine. Both are tiny pills.

I took a generic prenatal with my son and my iron levels at 28ish weeks were quadruple the upper normal range, so I never bothered to take them again.

There are other pills that come smaller (you may have to take more in the day) or gummies.

I'm really picky about my vitamins and I take a gummy, I find it has almost everything I want. I take the smartypants prenantal vitamin, it's gummy but you have to take 6 a day. I get it at Target and it's frequently on the cartwheel.

We don't have a target in Canada anymore :( I'll go look around walmart and hopefully find it there. But the drug stores I've been to so far have no gummys

We don't have a target in Canada anymore :( I'll go look around walmart and hopefully find it there. But the drug stores I've been to so far have no gummys

Oh that sucks! You can also get them on Amazon I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->