cholastasis diagnosis

matildasmummy

Reaction score
Hi. Ive just been diagnosed with cholastasis and I'm gutted. I was hoping to stay healthy to have a natural labour this time but started with severe itching on hands and feet and itching all over. Went to theaantenatal day unit yesterday and had it diagnosed. I'm on urso tablets to help the itch and they said they like to induce after term which is 37 weeks. This means in 2 weeks I could be holding baby aghhh were so not ready.
I'm glad they are going to induce though because I'm not sure I can cope with this itching much longer. I have to go for tests every Monday until I'm induced.
Anyone else have this and how do you cope with the itching. I have the cream with menthol bit doesn't ease it much.
Thanks

I had it with my son. Got diagnosis at 38+4 and put on urso tablets and induced at 40 weeks. So pretty quick as it was so late. I found once the tablets got into my system the itching pretty much went away. But I did used to sit with my feet in bowls of cold water! Good luck with iit all. I'm 38+4 today and so far my bloods have been negative so figures crossed I've avoided it this time. X

I have just had a blood test to check for obstetric cholestasis and got a call from the hospital today. They want me to go in for scan etc tomorrow. I went to my gp about the itching and was asked to have a blood test. All I was told was calamine lotion to ease the itch.

Thanks ladies.

I think the urso tablets are starting to work.as the itching is still bad but nowhere near as bad. I really want to find out when I'm going to be induced as im miserable now. My spd has suddenly gotten worse and can barely walk this morning.

I had a scan on Tuesday and she checked blood flow from cord and the fluid levels. Poor baby looked so cramped in their hehe.
Hope all is well with both x x

When ill u find out when u will be induced?

Im off to hospital now :/

Good luck at hospital. I'm seeing consultants on Monday morning as I have to have bloods done every week now to check the levels so I'm hoping she will talk about dates then as if I'm going to be induced I want to know well in advance.so we can sort daughter out with somewhere to stay and hubby time off work. X
Let me know how the hospital goes

Sending you big :hugs: hun. I had OC with Noah and it was awful! I started at 22 weeks and once I was on the urso the itching subsided quite a bit. I was induced at 37+2 due to the cholestasis and severe SPD (I was on crutches) I was adamant I didn't want to be induced as I had a homebirth with Thomas but by the end I was just in so much pain I really didn't care!

I had to have weekly blood tests and ECGs and I was having 2 weekly scans from 28 weeks too but little man was growing pretty well so I had my last one at 34 weeks. I seen my consultant at 35+6 and was booked in for my waters to be broken at 37+3. I went into hospital at 37+2 to have prostin and that actually put me into labour and Noah was born at 37+3 in the early hours of the morning :thumbup:

I must admit it was much easier knowing when I was going in to be able to sort childcare etc out x

Sorry for delay. Hospital was ok. Had my scan first where we saw that my little wigglebum is measuring slightly bigger which we kinda knew anywsy coz im alway 2cms ahead at my miswife appts. I had to have some blood taken and was put onto a monitor for about 40mins to check babys heartbeat. Was really quite interesting to see it printing out. Had to wait around for results for the liver salts again to either confirm or clear OC. Good news. My liver salt levels were back to normal so its mot OC. However they did take other samples to test for other things snd I have to go have my liver scanned to see if there has been any damage.

Thanks. I'm at the stage today where.walking.is impossible. I'm in absolute agony I want to cry everytime I need to move. I'm at hospital Monday so going to push for induction asap. I was induced with last baby for suspected cholastasis and spd. I just want her out now x

I have everything crossed that they will induce you hun. I know firsthand what it's like to be in severe SPD pain and until someone's experienced it they really have no clue! X

i had OC in my last pregnancy for the last 3 weeks. they didnt give me any tablets, i just had to deal with it. i remember how horrible the itching was, i feel for you, hunny!

i remember just taking lots of showers, putting on cold lotion, lots of leg massages.

i have not had this itching yet, just hoping to last another 11 days without OC this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->