• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Choosing between these boy names?

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
So hubby FINALLY had a long talk with me about baby names. He's not one to enjoy that task, as he doesn't like almost any of them. That is no exaggeration! We sat down last night and went through over 600 names. He only liked four out of six HUNDRED! Out of those, we decided we couldn't use one because of issues relating to his brother, and the other because it wouldn't be pronounced or spelled correctly a lot of the time.

We were left with Tobias and Atticus. Out of the two, I prefer Tobias, and DH prefers Atticus. That's what he wanted to name Micah, so he still loves the name. Can you all give me your thoughts on these names? I mistakenly asked for family opinions and was met with nothing but absolutely rude comments. Hurt my feelings a lot. :nope: So needless to say, once we decide, baby will not have his name given out until birth.

I decided I'd choose out of the hubby's name choices both to help him bond, and because I agreed to let him have this one since I named Micah last time. :thumbup:

I like both names, and they both sound nice with Micah. I think Tobias may take off because of the Divergent series (it's the name of the main male character in the books/movie). Something to consider. Atticus is also very classic, but just different enough to be a super popular name. I don't think you can make a wrong decision- they are both solid choices. If it were me and I didn't mind either name, I'd let DH have Atticus. What about naming him Atticus Tobias (surname)? That way he gets both names.

I prefer Tobias, bc Toby is a really cute nickname! Is there a nickname for Atticus? This name is just too "out there" for me, sorry. Your hubby picked both names... so even if you get the one you "prefer" it's still his name choice, not yours. I think that's very generous of you.

Yeah, I know that Tobias is also associated with the Divergent book series. (Read them) I'm hoping that the name is just different sounding enough that most people won't end up gravitating to it like Isabella and Jacob from Twilight.

DH said as long as I pick out of those he's happy, so while I'll probably go for Tobias with nn Toby, I'd still like hearing more thoughts! It's nice to hear some positive bits. I know these names are practically unheard of where I'm from. :haha: Then again, so is Micah's name.

Love Tobias nn Toby. Not a fan of Atticus.

Micah is a brilliant name, you did well with that one!

I like both but actually prefer Atticus of the 2. Lovely strong name and I am a big fan of To Kill a Mockingbird :) But I do think Tobias goes slightly better with Micah. Either way I think they are great names.

I love both, they were both on our shortlist for DS :). I prefer Atticus to Tobias but i prefer the nn Toby to Atti or Gus (which is what everyone I mentioned Atticus to wanted to shorten it to!) so yeah, I can't choose :haha:

Eleanor - that's how I felt about it. I love Atticus because DH and I are huge fans of the book, but everyone kept going with Atti or Gus! :dohh: I mean, people kept trying to shorten Micah to Mikey or Mike, which I was vehemently against, so I guess it'll happen. But at least Toby to me isn't as bad.

Love the positive feelings I'm getting! Thanks everyone. :hugs:

Out of the two, I prefer Tobias. My coworker had a baby named Atticus and I hasn't grown on me at all these past few months.

Very bias as I have a Tobias (nn Toby) ;)

Atticus is just too out there for for

Thanks everyone! Now that LO actually has a name, DH has started to bond more. He actually said he's very happy to have two boys now, which is night and day from a few weeks ago. Again, can't say enough how nice it is to hear good things about the name! We won't be revealing it to anyone in person until he's here. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! Now that LO actually has a name, DH has started to bond more. He actually said he's very happy to have two boys now, which is night and day from a few weeks ago. Again, can't say enough how nice it is to hear good things about the name! We won't be revealing it to anyone in person until he's here. :thumbup:

Yay for OH bonding, 2 boys would be my dream :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->