choosing the sex myths

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
I just heard an interesting Women´s hour (UK radio show) on choosing the sex of your baby. I thought it might be interesting for anyone who wanted to go that route so here is the link.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/whnews

before starting all this I desperately wanted a girl... now I just want to get to nine months with anything healthy, still it is an interesting show.

I just heard an interesting Women´s hour (UK radio show) on choosing the sex of your baby. I thought it might be interesting for anyone who wanted to go that route so here is the link.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/whnews

before starting all this I desperately wanted a girl... now I just want to get to nine months with anything healthy, still it is an interesting show.

I am right there with you; I want a girl, but I really just want one to stick.

I heard a story of someone who had a boy and desperately wanted a girl and she followed some plan for a girl which included vaginal douches with vinegar she ended up with twin boys!

I would like a boy but I'm with you ladies in that a sticky one which is born healthy is the main concern :thumbup:

I heard a story of someone who had a boy and desperately wanted a girl and she followed some plan for a girl which included vaginal douches with vinegar she ended up with twin boys!

I would like a boy but I'm with you ladies in that a sticky one which is born healthy is the main concern :thumbup:

hahaha can´t mess with mother nature, she will have her own way.

I was sitting next to a friend of a friend in a pizza place three days after my first mc, feeling a bit fragile. And this woman, who was 7 month pregnant, told me she was having a girl and how she cried when they told her because she wanted a boy!! I nearly slapped her, she knew my story too, some people are so insensitive.

hahaha can´t mess with mother nature, she will have her own way.

I was sitting next to a friend of a friend in a pizza place three days after my first mc, feeling a bit fragile. And this woman, who was 7 month pregnant, told me she was having a girl and how she cried when they told her because she wanted a boy!! I nearly slapped her, she knew my story too, some people are so insensitive.

You should've slapped her with your middle finger!:happydance:

Some people are so wrapped up in themselves and so insensitive :nope:

I'm shocked that someone could be so far up their own arse to show that level of insensitivity.

In an ideal world I'd slightly prefer a girl, but at this stage of the game any healthy baby would be a great result.

Nature seems to stack more in favour of girls anyway + my OH works in a nut roasting environment and girl :spermy: are supposed to be way tougher than the boys.

My TCOYF says that for a boy you leave the BD to the last minute, but that's not a chance I'd be willing to take.

My TCOYF says that for a boy you leave the BD to the last minute, but that's not a chance I'd be willing to take.

That is the Shettles Method...Up until this cycle, we were waiting for a positive OPK to BD...to increase our chances for a boy...

My MIL and SIL used this method along with eating acidic vs alkaline foods for their kids...They both have 1 girl and 1 boy...

I think we all primarily just want a healthy baby, but I don't think there is anything wrong with some wishful thinking/ planning....

Hmm interesting, so what foods do you eat for each sex?

My daughter was conceived from bd 24 hours prior to ov (and I had an orgasm). Shettles would say that's a recipe for a boy.

I've heard of all those methods with douching, diets, and supplements. Honestly, I just don't think I care that much about gender to go to those lengths. I'd love for my daughter to have a sister, but I love my sons so much that another boy would be great too.

I really don't believe that any of that stuff works reliably anyway. If it did, entire cultures would be stocked with only one gender.

Listen to the show, there are ways of deciding what you want, but not in a home environment. I know in my heart I still feel I want a girl, but then maybe I just feel more comfortable with girls as I helped bring up my God daughters, I bet if I had a boy I would be bowled over too.

Like IVF you mean?
I did watch a show where women were desperate to have girls. Some did IVF, some did the diet and douching, and others did bbt.

I think that some of the IVF women had to travel quite a bit because some areas wouldn't do it due to ethical concerns.

it is illegal in the Uk except for in medical conditions where one sex might have genetic problems etc. There is another technique which has something to do with the speed or weight of the sperm, I´ll have to listen again to be sure. Anyway it isn´t something we can do. Although maybe the best is early bd for a girl and late for a boy, but as most of us do both i guess we just go with the odds of 50 -50.

Apparently if you put sperm in a centrifuge and spin it the sperm of one sex float and the other sex sinks (not sure which is which) and not sure if it is illegal or not in the UK.

After watching a program last night called Baby Hospital about the neonatal unit in Liverpool Hospital I will be so grateful and blessed for either sex as long as they are born healthy! Or if I am meant to deal with neonatal issues as long as the baby is a tough little thing and makes it through whatever issues it has

https://www.ehow.com/way_5451961_diet-conceive-boy.html

For anyone interested in the diet aspect :)

When I started ttc the baby I now have, I wanted a boy. When we finally conceived in the 11 month of trying (me aged 36) and throughout the pregnancy, I no longer cared about gender, I just wanted a healthy baby.
Anyway, as I was fervently ttc, I can offer an retrospective insight about the month we conceived. I know that we dtd one day after positive opk (and that was the only time we dtd within about 5 days either side). I had an orgasm (after DH). My DH had a coffee half an hour prior to dtd (randomly, not planned) and wears boxer shorts. We both had quite an alkali diet that day. According to Shettles, this would give us a boy, and sure enough, we conceived a healthy little boy.
I know this doesnt prove the Shettles method, but it (inadvertently) worked for us xx

Thanks for the links girls, interesting reading!! I reckon mine's gonna be a boy, it's as much as I can do to get my DH to do it at the right time (without him knowing I may add). So to make sure he doesn't cotton on too much we're always leaving it 'til the last minute before O. Not too many warm up laps for us, I'm not risking him giving me the 'I'm tired, not again' look on the thumbs up, all systems go night!!!! Blimey, stressful or what???

Have to say though, there seem to be far more girls than boys born around these 'ere parts. What about where you are?

Interesting and I would really like to have a girl (for some reason that is all I can picture) but like you ladies say, if i have anything that is even remotely healthy then I will be grateful :)

Having dtd both before and after O I guess the chances are pretty equal anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->