choroid plexus cyst

FitzBaby

Me, Hubby,& Toddler
Reaction score
Hi All,

Had my 20 week scan yesterday. They found a choroid plexus cyst on the brain but everything else is perfect with the baby. DH and I are not coping so well. Docs reassured us several times that it's not a big deal, not to worry, etc. but we are finding that a lot easier said than done. Anyone else have this? Heard of anyone who's had it and had a healthy baby?

Sorry to barge in here!

Have no experience with this but I've heard it's very common and they usually clear up of their own accord.
Try not to worry xxx

My OH and I went through all of this at 21wks ourselves. I'm now 39wks & 3 days and from what I've been getting told, everything is fine. They found a cyst on one of my ultrasounds from 20wks and when I went in @ around 21wks the cyst was already gone. It does go away every single time I was told. If there's no other abnormal signs I would say you're in the clear. Try not to worry, I cried for that full week straight and my OH was just as worried. It's just stress on your baby which is not good at all, so hang in there. I have heard many cases where the baby comes out perfectly healthy. Good luck with everything though and honestly I wouldn't worry! :)

Hey there, they found on on my baby too.. the doc brushed it off really abruptly and said not to worry about it. He was a little too abrupt as of course you are worried to death! But I did a lot of googling and decided he was right. I thought about it a lot when it first happened but i've pushed it to the back of my mind now. As long as there are no other markers you are invariably in the clear!
:hugs:

Just a quick update...our baby had a cyst at 20 weeks. Had another ultrasound to check my placenta at 28 weeks, they re-check on the cyst...it is gone!! So just like they say in almost every case they go away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->