Chris77's Book Challenge 2011

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
I'd like to see if I can get to 100 books......50-75 will probably be more likely though.

After Anne Boleyn's arrest, she is taken to the Tower of London to await her fate on trumped up charges of adultery, incest, witchcraft and high treason. While there she writes about her life directing it towards her daughter, the future Queen Elizabeth I. It's Anne's personal account of her quick rise from commoner to her rise to favor and her subsequent tragic fall from favor.

I gave the book 2 stars. While it was an entertaining read, I felt that there were just too many inaccuracies. Yes, I know it's fiction, but it seemed too unbelievable for me.

This is the story of Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV and how she became Henry VII's wife. It details the story of the Princes (her brothers) in the Tower and her internal conflict in marrying a man who may be responsible for the death of her brothers.

It took a while for me to get into this. There are tons of characters and found myself almost needing a notebook to keep it all straight! It started getting better as I kept reading though.

This book is an adult book of Harry Potter meets Twilight meets True Blood. :rofl:

This is at its heart, a love story. Diana Bishop finds an ancient manuscript in the Bodleain Library. Unbeknownst to her, vampires and deamons, are after this magical book. Finding this book awakens Diana's witchcraft, that she has sworn off her whole life due to the violent nature of her parent's death.

She falls in love with a man named Matthew Clairmont, a centuries old vampire geneticist. Their love is complicated and compromised by a vow that Diana is unaware of, and Matthew doesn't care about. The book, their love for one another, and the magic of the creatures begins to unravel.

Each page is full of rich detail that makes you think you're right there with the characters! It took me awhile to read it but not because the story wasn't good! There was so much detail, historical detail, etc. that I didn't want to miss anything! So, I found myself reading the same pages a couple of times. :dohh:

5 stars! Awesome, awesome book and a fabulous author! The sequel will come out in 2012. I can't wait! :happydance:

It's about a war between angels and humans.

That's all I can say as I only made it through about 75 pages. :rofl: i just couldn't get into the book at all. I didn't feel a conncection to the characters at all. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->