Christmas breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing lol, too busy opening/watching the little one opening her presents!

We always have a fry up if we're having Christmas at my Mum's. We are a bunch of fatty boombas on Christmas Day ;) Thankfully we don't have Christmas Dinner until 4pm so we have plenty of time to get over our mammoth breakfast just in time for our next giant meal :haha:

We will have quite a few people round ours in the morning and no space for sitting down so I was thinking of doing a canape type breakfast. So far I have planned

Mini bagels with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Small cocktail type rolls with bacon
Maple syrup French toast with berries

Champagne / Orange juice

We're only having lunch late .. 14:30

Eta - actually ... scrap the French toast idea, I will make these instead because I can do them the night before and after they'll be ready in the morning
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-cinnamon-rolls-recipe.html

Think bacon rolls, Christmas tree crumpets and smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels and everyone can choose. Xxx

We have chocolate croissants and cinnamon whirls

Maybe not on Christmas day, but we are planning on having a Christmas breakfast / brunch with friends. I was thinking of making french toasts dipped in crushed pecan nuts and covered in maple syrup. Either that or "stuffed" french toasts with cream cheese and jelly.

saw asda do christmas tree crumpets so may get the boys them instead of bacon sarnies. they could have a piece of bacon and a crumpet as ds3 usually only pulls the bacon out and doubt ds4 could manage a bacon sarnie lol

Pastries and coffee/fruit juice or chocolate milkshake.

Last year i bought pain au chocolate and toaster waffles. There is talk of hubby making cinnamon rolls or him buying krispy kremes this year.

Hubby would have a full English but that and a full roast by 2pm is too much. I like dinner all done and dusted by 3pm so i can chill out with the kids so a light breakfast is better. Full cooked number on boxing day though!! :)

same, we like to eat early so we can then chill and if we get peckish in the afternoon have some cheeses or chocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"