Christmas dinner.

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi :D what is on your Christmas food shopping list? And what is on your Christmas dinner menu?

I'm trying to get inspiration for my Christmas food shopping tomorrow ��

I've not fully decided on our menu yet but for breaskfast well probably have crossionts and Christmas biscuits haha. Then Christmas dinner we are having a chicken as we don't really like Turkey that much, carrots, peas, sprouts, cauliflower cheese, mash, roasties, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puds, gravy. Then we'll have some sort of chocolate cake with home made custard. And later that evening probably something small like cheese and crackers and more cake ��

I got Camembert and bake in the oven bread to have with a small joint of gammon for Xmas eve dinner. For 'lunch' that day I got a pandoro and nice fruit. Then Xmas day morning I have the ingredients to make a overnight cinnamon French toast bake, lunch will be a standard Xmas dinner and in the evening we'll have crackers, leftovers, crisps, tangerines etc. 😀

I got Camembert and bake in the oven bread to have with a small joint of gammon for Xmas eve dinner. For 'lunch' that day I got a pandoro and nice fruit. Then Xmas day morning I have the ingredients to make a overnight cinnamon French toast bake, lunch will be a standard Xmas dinner and in the evening we'll have crackers, leftovers, crisps, tangerines etc. 😀

How do you make the French toast bake? That sounds lovely

I am doing a fry up christmas morning so bacon, sausages, eggs, tinned tomatoes, beans and bread for toast.

Christmas dinner will be turkey, honey roast parsnips, roast potatoes, mixed veg (cauliflower, carrots, peas etc), cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets, stuffing, yorkshires, gravy and condiments like cranberry sauce and mint sauce.

I always make too much so we can do bubble and qqueak the next day (usually with a fried egg on top).

I always buy things like beetroot, pickled onions etc as we always have the leftovers with it.

Breakfast - not sure yet. Probably fry up, crumpets or egg and soldiers

Dinner - Turkey, gammon, beef, mashed potato, parsnips, carrots cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, stuffing, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and pig in blankets. Chicken gravy with turkey fat and beef gravy with beef fat. Cranberry sauce, mint sauce and apple sauce.
Dessert - Cake with icecream or cream.

Tea - something light. My family normally do a buffet and leftovers for boxing day. In-laws don't do that though :(

My shopping list. Gets split between 4 of us:
12309106_10208315511304764_964981375_n.jpg

Here's the recipe hun....

Overnight baked cinnamon French toast,:

Ingredients:
,1 stale loaf bread or broiche
8 whole eggs
450ml milk
125ml double cream
165g sugar
Vanilla extract to taste
115g plain flour
110g brown sugar
1 TSP cinnamon
1/4 TSP salt
115g butter

Method:
- grease a 9x 13" pan
-tear bread into chunks and put in the pan
- mix eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla together and pour on the bread.
- cover and refrigerate over night
- in another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add butter and mix until you have a pebble like consistency . store in the fridge.
- on Xmas day morning, preheat oven, sprinkle crumb mixture on soaked bread.
- bake for 45 -60 mins depending on how 'soggy' you like it!

Haven't made it before, but hoping it's OK as it seems pretty straight forward!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->