Christmas dinner

This year it's just going to be the 4 of us.

I'll be doing a small turkey crown in the slow cooker. Veg will be prepared the day before. I'm crap at Yorkshire puddings so will be buying frozen.

On the day it'll be no different than a normal Sunday dinner so I'll try not to stress about it.

Im just hoping it turns out okay haha! Hoping i get the timings of everything.
What time do you all serve christmas dinner?

About 1pm. I can't be doing with late lunch :haha:

Those who slow cook the turkey, do you do it overnight? I'm unsure of when best to do it x

Probably do lunch around 3, we have quite a big breakfast on Christmas morning.

Those who slow cook the turkey, do you do it overnight? I'm unsure of when best to do it x

Because I'm only doing turkey breasts I'm only doing them for a couple of hours. If you're doing a crown or more I'd give it a google!

My tips for Christmas dinner is disposable foil trays. I don’t mind cooking but I don’t want to spend my Christmas doing loads of washing up.

Also don’t do more food than you really need either. I’m not too good at sticking to this one myself but I am cutting back this year, mostly because I don’t have to cook for anyone other than DH and the kids on Christmas Day this year.

I make all my sauces/stuffings from scratch, so I do all them on Christmas Eve and just reheat/cook on the day.

I use my slow cooker to cook a ham.

Will deffo invest in foil trays good tip!

Im thinking around 2. Im thinking around 1 aswell as harvey goes to his dad after dinner so dont wanna make it too late.

About 1pm. I can't be doing with late lunch :haha:

You can do it overnight on low, or on high for around 5-6 hours in the morning x

Here Christmas Eve is the big day so on Christmas Eve I do:

Honey glazed ham
Carrot casserole
Potato casserole
Swede casserole
Brussel sprouts cooked in cream with bacon
Peas/sweet corn for the kids
Maybe some mashed potatos
Cold smoked salmon

Then on Christmas Day
Turkey
Roast potatoes
Yorkshires
Pigs in blankets
Roast parsnips and carrots
Peas and sweet corn
Stuffing/bread sauce/cranberry sauce
Gravy.

I can never prepare on Xmas eve for Xmas day since it’s a full dinner that day anyway. But we all muck in and we have an open plan apartment so I’m still involved!

We aim to eat at 3 after my youngest’s nap time.

After doing a quick food shop today with both girls, I am definitely ordering online! It was already manic and DH is working lates the lead up to Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->