Christmas food

jay92

Reaction score
Oh ladies was in lidl last night and they had some of their special Christmas pudding and baking in. :xmas8:

I got some gingerbread icecream and little deserts for the kids. They had the champagne flutes with sorbet that we picked up last year again too yummy! Oh and the profiterole cone thing(spelling way off on that one)
What do you ladies buy food wise at christmas?

Really wanna get some of m and s party stuff in this year xxx

Mince pies. I used to hate them but last year I grew a huge love.
Salted pretzels, saltes twizzle stick things, cheese sticks (like cheese straws), puffy savoury bites.

As much as I love sweet things, Christmas makes me crave more savoury, maybe due to being surroundes by sweets and chocolate. .

Tubs of celebrations, cheese and crackers, mince pies mmmmm
I cannot buy food early as it gets eaten!

Mmmmmm yummy

Can't beat some nice meat roasting gammon , beef etc . Smells delicious .

I love mince pies , cheese and crackers , defiantly chocolate although I do get sick of it lol .

Those kids desserts sound fab ! X

Always have to have mint matchmakers and orange and lemon jelly slices. Also love a ham and can't do without a turkey sandwich in the evening! None of us like Xmas pud so on the look out for interesting puds. Those Lidl ones sound fab.
Eta have got 2 boxes of crackers for cheese, tub of twiglets and 1 of treeslets as well!

Exciting! I'm buying one item a week with our food shop from asda. So far we've got a box of celebrations, a cracker selection, shortbread, 2 boxes of Pringles, a terrys chocolate orange and 2 bottles of shloer. I'm hoping to pick up a big box of savouries (pretzels, salt sticks, etc) in the next few weeks. More chocolate. Closer to Christmas we'll go to lidl and raid them for cake, crisps and their amazing German hot chocolate. I'm waiting for my last Tesco vouchers of the year so we can go and get the Christmas dinner food the week before Christmas. And we'll also pick up bits for a Christmas eve buffet nearer to the time too. Just need to empty the freezer!

We just drown in chocolate and wine at Christmas time :haha:
I’ve been drooling over the M&S Christmas food book all week I must have looked through it 10 times lol. We aren’t cooking our own Christmas dinner so I don’t need to do a big food order but feel like doing one for the sake of it because it all looks so nice!

:dohh:
Aw man this reminds me I need to defrost the freezer before I buy anything else

So glad my parents live near me so can pop it all in their chest freezer in the meantime.

I need to try that hot chocolate you mentioned! I love their mulled wine ... every year we buy some stick in a pan with cinnamon, sliced oranges and cranberry and let it simmer away...whole house smells amazing! :happydance:

Xxx

I’ve been drooling over the M&S Christmas food book all week I must have looked through it 10 times lol. We aren’t cooking our own Christmas dinner so I don’t need to do a big food order but feel like doing one for the sake of it because it all looks so nice!

Oh my gosh it's amazing isn't it. Were going away to Spain after Xmas for two weeks so I don't wanna buy loads and waste it but thinking about the m and s party food for the night before we fly out just an easier option o guess. Have you had the m and s food before? Is it as delicious as it looks xxx

Oh my gosh it's amazing isn't it. Were going away to Spain after Xmas for two weeks so I don't wanna buy loads and waste it but thinking about the m and s party food for the night before we fly out just an easier option o guess. Have you had the m and s food before? Is it as delicious as it looks xxx

I haven’t brought it personally we haven’t ever done our own Christmas dinner! But my mother in law does an order and it really is delicious! I don’t know whether it’s because I’m drunk by the time I have it or because the food is magical but Christmas dinner always tastes a million times better than her usual Sunday roasts :haha: though they are yummy too. The puddings and snack-y stuff is my fave though. The sweet stuff really is nice. She had a cheese board type thing last year too for Boxing Day but I must admit that was pretty disappointing there wasn’t a lot there and was pretty basic, could’ve got it a lot cheaper elsewhere. I suppose for a bit of luxury and the added convenience that it’s all ordered and sorted, it’s pretty good and I think if/when we do host Christmas here, I’ll order from there. X

We do m&s christmas food too, I prefer it to cooking for ages! we got their chocolate and caramel christmas pudding this year, only DH likes the traditional kind so I'm hoping this one will appeal to more people.

We used to always get sushi on christmas eve but now we've moved it's not an option so we're picking up our xmas food on the 23rd and having roast ham on christmas eve.

Mince pies , rafellos, biscuit tins and lots of cheese!

Yumm! Drooling here! :nope:

Kirstybum that is hilarious, could be drunk, could just be delicious...brilliant:haha:

Christmas dinner aways tasred better when someone else cooks it doesn't it :haha:

So many ideas for new foods to try thanks ladies :hugs:

Xxx

We ordered from M+S last year and it is yummy but as it's only us four this year I'm thinking it's not worth the extra money. That said I love Christmas dinner so will probably end up ordering :)

I really want to munch through a massive cheese board now....

I’m sat with a whole Terry’s chocolate orange and a coffee watching the apprentice. It was supposed to be for over the Christmas period. This is why I can’t buy food early :haha:

I love M&S food at christmas and always buy some form of meat from the xmas food to order(the three bird roast is amazing!) But don't really order anything else from it as its way too expensive. I buy things like cauliflower cheese, veg and potatoes instore as i don't like the pre prepared ones anyway. For party food i always try and buy it when they put it on half price for a week in the run up to christmas and then freeze it. Or even buying it on their normal offer of 4 for 3 works out cheaper plus you get to choose exactly what you want rather than being limited to the platters. They usually do £5 off £35 spemd till spits too.

If anyone is ordering xmas food with them remember to do it early (mid nov i think?) As you get a free bottle of wine on orders over £85.

We spend all day Christmas at the in laws so Christmas is cheap here! Probably won’t habe to buy anything extra. Mil got back from Germany yesterday with all the Christmas snacks that I can’t even pronounce lol. Lots of gingerbread and marzipan and cinnamon... too much ahah. Dh is German so that’s what he likes. I pick up some after eights and tin of roses for me ! Mince pies to obviously haah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->