Christmas Lists

c1403

Reaction score
For those of you that let your children write lists for santa.

When do you get them to do it?
Previous years I've bought most the girls presents from us and let them put two or three things on their letters to santa which are wrapped differently. Quite tricky this year as they see so much in the shops (my fault for taking them tbh) and they ask for everything they see and always change their minds.

I was thinking of getting them to write their lists soon (maybe this weekend) and we post them but another part of me wants to hold out until tree is up and it's more christmassy.

So I'm intrigued to find out what you all do?

My girls and 4 and 6.

We’ve already done ours. We wait until the Christmas toy catalogues come in the post and then they look through them and write their letters. To be fair my DS has been asking for the same 3 things for a couple of months now. I let them put 5 things on there and normally they get about 3 of them.

Hmm. It's the constant changing of their minds that's worrying me. DD1 is quite specific but changes her mind .DD2 just wants any old crap!.

Hmm. It's the constant changing of their minds that's worrying me. DD1 is quite specific but changes her mind .DD2 just wants any old crap!.

This is why I get my DD to do hers early! Otherwise I'd have bought everything and she would have changed her mind

I usually do it early December so that I know what to get. I usually ask her beforehand what she is doing to ask santa for though so that I have a bit of an idea in advance :xmas6:

This is why I get my DD to do hers early! Otherwise I'd have bought everything and she would have changed her mind

But what if they change her mind to something you know she would love after she's done her lsit? That's my dielema.

Oh bugger it we'll do it over the weekend, we made craft snowmen this evening. I like to wait until December but she was adamant.

DD wrote her's the other day. I'd already bought most of her Christmas before she even wrote the list. She had mentioned a few things over and over whenever we had been in the stores, so I did get her a couple of those. I've always told her that she can ask Santa for anything she wants, but Santa gives her what he thinks she'll like best, so she may get one thing from her list or a few things, but not everything on her list. (that takes care of those last minute wants, plus the things I simply can't justify)

But what if they change her mind to something you know she would love after she's done her lsit? That's my dielema.

Oh bugger it we'll do it over the weekend, we made craft snowmen this evening. I like to wait until December but she was adamant.

Tbh there's probably loads of things she'd love, but I can't get everything! It does help that both my dd's birthdays are in Jan and feb, so I can always get stuff for then. I do give them odd things through the year too, if it's something they're desperate for

Tbh there's probably loads of things she'd love, but I can't get everything! It does help that both my dd's birthdays are in Jan and feb, so I can always get stuff for then. I do give them odd things through the year too, if it's something they're desperate for

Yes! So many things I know they'll love. I think I've covered most just hope they don't ask for something and then end up disappointed if I don't get it :-(

Like the idea of saying santa will bring what he thinks is best.

Guess I'm overthinking, they'd be happy with anything

X

I tell them that if they are asking for something big they have to be absolutely sure because Santa can't change it once the elves have started work. I also keep a bit of money back for any last minute desperate wants.

My girls have already cut up the argos and smyths catalogues and stuck the pictures of things they want onto paper, although dd2 has only stuck on 3 things 2 of which she already has! I'll get them to write 'proper' letters (i'll write for the younger 2 ;)) to post at the end of the month :)

I got my girls to do their lists this week . We always keep them a extra few days incase they think of anything else and then the night we are sending them we do a quick re cap and add anything else .

To be fair they haven’t really asked for much this year so most of their presents will be made up of surprises anyway unless they mention something.

I always worrying about them writing their lists too early incase they change their minds but they are still at a young age were toys are toys ! If all else fails it’s DD1s birthday in February and she can get then DD2s is early December !

Not until the elves come, usually in the first few days of December as they write them and hang them in felt envelopes on the tree then the elves exchange them for sweets but I do fish for ideas or ask what they might be putting on their list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->