Christmas menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigellas brined turkey :D, roast beef, maple roast parnsips, honey roast carrots, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts with panchetta, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, chipolattas, apricot stuffing, gingerbread stuffing and sage and onion stuffing.
For starters we have pate, a prawn thing and smoked salmon and for pudding we have a tiramisu thing, a chocolate indulgence thing and we'll have Xmas pudding or mince pies too :) Oh and a cheeseboard!

Blah is that the one that nigella puts her turkey in a bucket overnight with loads of veg and spices etc?
and the gingerbread stuffing is Nigellas too! :winkwink: I am scared to try that one have you tasted it before?

Well for Christmas number 1 were having salmon as a starter and then pork schnitzel with potato salad etc

Christmas number 2 were having turkey but I kicked up a stink so were having duck as well with all the trimmings x

Nigellas brined turkey :D, roast beef, maple roast parnsips, honey roast carrots, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts with panchetta, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, chipolattas, apricot stuffing, gingerbread stuffing and sage and onion stuffing.
For starters we have pate, a prawn thing and smoked salmon and for pudding we have a tiramisu thing, a chocolate indulgence thing and we'll have Xmas pudding or mince pies too :) Oh and a cheeseboard!

I'm doing Nigella's brined turkey for the first time this year!! Also doing carrots, brocoli, peas, chipolattas and bacon, sausagemeat stuffing, potatoes (roasted in goose fat) sage and onion stuffing and gravy yum yum.

For a starter I am doing melon kebabs for my hubby and pate with homemade chutney for me.
For desert I have made Jamie Oliver's winter pudding bombe and I'm making mince pies this afternoon :)

I've cut down on mine this year i usually do two or three meats. This year its just a turkey, with parsnips, carrots, broccili, sprouts, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, sausages in bacon and pork stuffing. Cranberry sauce and gravy.

I'm not bothereng with a starter, just christmas pudding and a trifle for desert!

Blah is that the one that nigella puts her turkey in a bucket overnight with loads of veg and spices etc?
and the gingerbread stuffing is Nigellas too! :winkwink: I am scared to try that one have you tasted it before?

We did it last year and it was the juiciest, tastiest turkey I've ever had :D The stuffing I've not had before so can't comment on that :shrug:

Turkey, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parnsips, Sprouts, Carrots, Brocolli with yorkshire pudding and stuffing for dinner, maybe with pigs in blankets not sure yet! xx

what is this Nigella's brined turkey?

We don't do a 3 course meal, just have a main meal. We're having roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and then I'm having a puff pastry tart with pesto, tomatoes, asparagus and parmesan and OH is picking himself some meat up tomorrow (he hasn't decided what yet).

Were going to familys for xmas dinner but everyone having turkey and veg apart from im having sausages instead of turkey as i dont like turkey

my menu:

starter:
prawn coctail with avocado,eggnog

main course:
ham,turkey,roasted potatoes,rice with spinach,yorkshire puddings, parshnips,brussel sprouts,gravy.pigs in a blanket,stuffing,garlic mushrooms
apple sauce

afters:
christmas pudding,christmas cake,truffles,christmas cookies,mince pies.

what is this Nigella's brined turkey?

Nigella Lawson , she puts her turkey in a bucket full of water overnight and adds loads of spices, veg and fruit to it and it soaks up all the flavours and keeps it really moist. :thumbup:

recipe wasnt on her website but i found it here!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/spiced-and-super-juicy-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

I'm cooking a big Turkey and also a Gammon Joint with Roast potatoes, Roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts, Yummy stuffing and Pigs in Blankets. Oh and my Mum's special Gravy mmmm

For pud I have a choice of Christmas pud, yule log or a yummy sticky toffee pudding with walnuts ring. I am very hungry now! :happydance:

Were having turkey,potatoes,roast potatoes,parsnips,sprouts,stuffing,sausages wrapped in bacon,yorkies and some other bits (i think)... and for pudding i think the kids have picked choc cake lol.

On Christmas day we are having turkey,ham with mustard and honey,stuffing,carrotts,brussel sprouts,gravy,mash potatoes,roast potatoes,mini cocktail sausages.For afters we are having triffle :D Oh its making me hungry writting that lol.xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"