Christmas Paper Spotting and Themes

fairypop

Mummy to a lil' goblin
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of paper schemes for this year?

My husband is adamant I have to use all the leftover paper that's in the loft but I don't want to! He found over about 60 rolls up there!

I want new!!!!

I have spotted some lovely Nutcracker paper in Paperchase and Matalan also have some (but in a set with other rolls), so I need that, they also do some Moon paper which I might get for DHs birthday which is ont he 23/12.

John Lewis has their paper online, and matalan.

x

I'm pretty sure I don't have any more leftover wrapping paper from last year which is a first for me. I am excited to be able to buy more! I don't have a particular theme in mind, I'm just going to have a look around and see what I like :)

For some reason I've bought stags for the adults past couple years and Christmas fairy for oldest and whatever character youngest DD is into at the time.

I haven't seen any yet but very excited to stock up

Xxx

For gifts from me, I like to use reds and greens. And I have plenty. I bought some last year after Christmas in the sales. (Though I saw some really lovely paper at Hobby Lobby yesterday so may get one more!) Gifts from Santa are wrapped in daughters fav character paper, so, if things stay the same between now and Christmas, I'll be looking for Paw Patrol paper.

I never use the left over paper. I let the girls play with it (they play pass the parcel).

Last year I had a black/brown/gold theme for adults and fairy/elf for children.

I am not buying for many adults this year so thinking of using brown kraft paper and pretty bows..someone did this last year on this forum and looked great. For the girls I like to get them kid style paper and they have a different one each.
Not seen anything I like yet. I usually order on studio but to hold out this year so I can actually go shopping.

Last year for the kids we had a cute 'from santa/made by elves' design from sainsburys. I like to get kidish designs for the kids but will see whats out this year.
My pet hate is character wrap i like proper christmassy stuff haha!

Last year I brought way too much so I know I have enough left over to do this year but I love looking for new paper. I like to have 3 coordinating rolls so when the presents are arranged under the tree matching papers don't touch. For stockings I normally just get 3 cheap rolls - one for each child - and then the grown up presents are usually wrapped in a nicer, more grown up style

DD1 will be having pug paper (she's mad about pugs - even had to wallpaper her room with them).
DD2 either peppa or minion paper.
No idea for others, my adult list is short this year so it'll be shared between adults and nieces/nephews/cousins which are all under 10 years. Possibly silver + accent colour for girls and gold + accent colour for boys.
OH will be the same or Pokemon.

Just came across this site while browsing, and they have some gorgeous paper on here. Only downside is that it's in sheets, not rolls. But if you're buying singular presents for people, it'd be worth it. All recycled too.

https://www.re-wrapped.co.uk/re-wra...f0H7tEHyw9LLiRuZ7ADzrp4tm07eAKoxoCrDQQAvD_BwE

I can't wait to paper shop. It's one of my favourite parts of the xmas prep! Not sure what I'll go for this year yet. Either super traditional again or the complete opposite with foil wraps and bright colours.

I've decided to make my own now after hunting on google. With brown and white kraft paper and make some stamps. Can be a little project for me and DD1 to create it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->