Christmas party, small house. Help!

DCS

Reaction score
I agreed to having a christmas party at home for ds, dd and their friends. Iv sent a group invite. If everyone comes I'm looking at about 12 kids, aged from about 2-6. My house is tiny. We have a small dog but alot of the kids are afraid of the dog, so I plan to let her stay upstairs, ( she is perfectly happy chilling on my bed, and will be let out regularly). I need ideas on what to do with the kids, in my tiny house. I'm assuming adults will stay too. I thought pass the parcel, musical statues, maybe do a craft or biscuit decorating? We have a ok sized garden with a trampoline, which I'm sure will keep them happy for a bit. I wanted to do something crafty, but nor sure what. Duration is about 3 hours. Will provide nibbles, and pizza. Should I get alcohol for the adults? We don't realy drink so not sure if I should.
Any other ideas totally welcome. Thanks in advance.

I would say that alcohol isn't necessary. Mainly because parents are there for the kids. I've seen a very fun game that I want to try. I'll find a picture of it and post it...

It's called "Punch a Gift" I did one like this on Halloween one year. A trick or treat. The kids LOVED it!!

https://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m633/Xpecta/punch%20a%20present.jpg

you could make a big bowl of reindeer food and let them scoop their own into bags to take home

I love the idea of the reindeer food, I could set that up in the garden as long as it's not raining. The punch a gift looks like fun, however with 15 kids ( I miss calculated the number of kids) it would need to be quite big so everyone gets a turn. So far I have, musical statues ( 10 minutes) bingo ( 10/20 minutes) pass the parcel ( 15ish minutes). Reindeer food, half hour for eating plus 20 minutes for decorate your own biscuits. I'm trying to find a couple simple craft that I can set up on the kitchen floor, so the kids can be divided between two rooms. If it's dry, I'm going to paint a background onto a huge sheet of paper and hang up on the wall outside for elf self-esteem, using the selfie kit I got from the card factory.

Party bags will contain, a christmas cupcake, Christmas pencil and erasers, a glow stick, reindeer food, I want to say a cone of snowman soup but I'm sure noone actually ever drinks it.

That sounds like so much fun! I love kids parties :haha:
Lucas is the only child in our family so I'm making Christmas day super kid-ish to make up for it. We're having:
Pin the nose on Rudolph (Card Factory)
Christmas bingo (This printable)
Charades
Musical handbell crackers

Can't wait!

Firstly I'd cut that time frame right down, personally I think much more than 1.5 hours for kids and they get way overtired and cranky- 2 hours at a push. Pinterest is full of great christmas crafy ideas. Pin the tail on the reindeer? Decorating christmas biscuits? Pass the xmas parcel? x

Firstly I'd cut that time frame right down, personally I think much more than 1.5 hours for kids and they get way overtired and cranky- 2 hours at a push. Pinterest is full of great christmas crafy ideas. Pin the tail on the reindeer? Decorating christmas biscuits? Pass the xmas parcel? x

I did think this, but from past experience, people don't turn up at the time specified. Usually half hour later.

How about decorating christmas baubles for a craft, can't remember if its home bargains or the works but they sell packs of plain baubles that could be decorated using felt tips to save the mess of paint.
Also buy a few bags of chocolate coins and hide them all out in the garden for a christmas treasure hunt.
Morrisons have christmas paper chain kits for £1 & the works have a decorate your own christmas place mat pack https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/christmas-decorations/colour-your-own-christmas-placemats/5052089149823
Or just get pain A4 card and let them make christmas cards, it depends on your tolerance for mess. lol.
Maybe have a movie on the sky planner as a back up.

I love the idea of the reindeer food, I could set that up in the garden as long as it's not raining. The punch a gift looks like fun, however with 15 kids ( I miss calculated the number of kids) it would need to be quite big so everyone gets a turn. So far I have, musical statues ( 10 minutes) bingo ( 10/20 minutes) pass the parcel ( 15ish minutes). Reindeer food, half hour for eating plus 20 minutes for decorate your own biscuits. I'm trying to find a couple simple craft that I can set up on the kitchen floor, so the kids can be divided between two rooms. If it's dry, I'm going to paint a background onto a huge sheet of paper and hang up on the wall outside for elf self-esteem, using the selfie kit I got from the card factory.

Party bags will contain, a christmas cupcake, Christmas pencil and erasers, a glow stick, reindeer food, I want to say a cone of snowman soup but I'm sure noone actually ever drinks it.

When I did it for Halloween, I used Styrofoam cups and just put little trinkets in it from the dollar store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->