Chronic Urticaria (Hives)

babybump1881

Reaction score
I was hoping to start trying for a baby this year but was shocked to be told by my doctor that the medication I currently take to manage my chronic urticaria (fexofenadine) is not suitable to take while pregnant and is in class C category, which basically means there are not enough studies to prove it does not harm the baby. I have since tried four different anti histimines but find the side effects of dizzyness, panic, and nausea too much to cope with.

I did some reasearch and I have read on many forums other Dr's have said its safe, so i'm very confused.

Has anyone out there been on fexofendine whilst pregnant and did it cause any complications during pregnancy and for the baby after birth?

I was hoping to start trying for a baby this year but was shocked to be told by my doctor that the medication I currently take to manage my chronic urticaria (fexofenadine) is not suitable to take while pregnant and is in class C category, which basically means there are not enough studies to prove it does not harm the baby. I have since tried four different anti histimines but find the side effects of dizzyness, panic, and nausea too much to cope with.

I did some reasearch and I have read on many forums other Dr's have said its safe, so i'm very confused.

Has anyone out there been on fexofendine whilst pregnant and did it cause any complications during pregnancy and for the baby after birth?

Have you tried Benadryl? I didnt know you get medication for hives, I have started taking hives since February this year but I am sure its something to do with food allergies or a ear viral infection (fluid behind eardrum) Ive had since August last year finally seeing another ENT this week, have you any idea what you are reacting to? Cant give you any advice on the fexofendine Im afraid xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->