Chunky baby?! O.o

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I had a private ultrasound done on Thursday at about 16w3d (give or take a day). The tech said everything measures about 16w4d andbaby weighed 6 ounces. I thought oh how cute it's not even half a lb #adorbs. Then I read on the WTE that in week 16 babies, on average, weigh 3-4 oz. is that normal that my nugget is twice the average? o_O

Totally normal! I think at this point it's more of an estimate anyways. Glad you got to see the little one :)

lol Kk ty I was seriously like wtf and had this dream I was going to have a ten lber and need like vaginal reconstructive surgery

My first son weighed like ten days ahead at his anatomy scan (can't remember how much it was exactly, but definitely larger than the average I found online). He was born at just 7 lb. 6 oz. ... I was also expecting a massive baby and was relieved!

Don't worry. That isn't too big at all. It's okay!:) The average 17 weeker is about 6 oz, so your baby is only "ahead" in weight by much. All of my babies measure huge, and only one of them actually came out big (after I was told he'd be the same size as his siblings, based on scan, he was a full pound and a half bigger than my next-biggest baby). lol

Haha mine is measuring big too, so did my son but he cam out 8lb 12oz so I'm not too worried:)

I'll just be so sad if we miss the newborn clothes lol. I tried to buy mostly 0-3 but I have so many cute nb outfits stockpiled that I can't return now because I bought them while TTC to pass the time hahaha. And my vajay. I'd like to keep it right keep it tight lol

I was told my babies would be huge (always measured a week ahead although I knew exactly when they were conceived as we ladies do) both were 8lbs

To keep it right and tight make sure you do your kegals :thumbup: :winkwink: :haha:

but kegels give me this tickly feeling lol idk how anybody holds them for longer than a couple seconds

Dobby, I am in the same boat as you! Baby is measuring 9oz at 18 weeks and that is what it should be at 20 weeks! So I too am having some scary thoughts plus the fact that my SIL had my niece who was 10lb and two nephews at 9lb. And I want my vajayjay and boobs to be kept in tact! I told DH that I may need to go for surgery after baby arrives.

I wouldn't take much note of what the scans say about weight tbf, in my last pregnancy they said my baby measured way too small and I had to have extra scans, she was born 4 days overdue weighing 9lb 8oz!!!!!!

Lol Twag too late for that! :rofl: i used to think I had great control of my kegels during bd and peeing but now I sneeze or go pee and I wet myself a little lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->