Circumvallate Placenta/Placenta Previa

katieebugg

Reaction score
Hey all!

My name is Katie, I'm a 26 year old married mother of a beautiful 14 month old little girl, Ella and we are 21 weeks with baby girl number 2.

At our 20 week ultrasound we were notified that I have both a low lying placenta (placenta previa) which may vey likely correct itself by 32 weeks as my uterus grows but that I also have a far more rare "placenta disease" called "Circumvallate Placenta".

Circumvallate placenta is in 1% of pregnancies and is a fold in the placenta preventing blood from me to baby, can result in lack of fluid around baby, lack of growth, early labour and bleeding.

This is all been vey sudden and unexpected news and I'm hoping to find some "buddies" that may have been through this or something similar to it.

Please reach out if you'd like to chat further.

Thank you so much :hugs:

Hi. I can't help with the other condition but I do have placenta previa. I'm waiting for my 32 weeks scan to see if it's moved.

I hope you get some answers. Have the doctors discussed it with you, and what it means?

Hi. I can't help with the other condition but I do have placenta previa. I'm waiting for my 32 weeks scan to see if it's moved.

I hope you get some answers. Have the doctors discussed it with you, and what it means?

Thank you so much for responding! How far along are you right now and how are you feeling !?

There aren't a lot of answers or a lot known about circumvallate, I have an appointment with an OB sometime this week and a list of questions to go with it.

I had placenta previa with my last baby, and it didn't move out of the way until I was 36 weeks or so, but it suddenly moved waaaaaay up there, so I was able to deliver vaginally again. My biggest fear was needing a c-section. With 3 kids to parent? That would be a mess. I haven't heard of circumvallate placenta.... and I've been on the boards a LOT with pregnancies. Wow. You might be able to search the threads and find old threads on it, but I'd definitely start with talking to the doctor about it, so I'm glad you've got your questions ready. :)

Hope your appointment goes well this week.

I'm 25 weeks Monday and feeling much better now. Had a very sickly start which eased about 20 week.

It's good to hear about other peoples experiences with placenta previa and the placentas moving. I'm anxiously awaiting a scan at 32 weeks to see if there's any sign of movement.

I have both a low lying placenta & circumvallate.. I’m terrified, I was just diagnosed with these both; how did everything work out did you have early labor, any bleeding? Low birth weight? Did it detach? I’m so scared rn.

I should add I’m 23 weeks pregnant as of now, baby girl is our second & due in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->