citalopram when pregnant!

It's been 3 days since I took my last halved one & I'm suffering with some awful 'brain zaps'. They're like electric shocks in my head, they don't hurt just make me feel unsteady on my feet :-(

Did anyone else suffer with these?

It's been 3 days since I took my last halved one & I'm suffering with some awful 'brain zaps'. They're like electric shocks in my head, they don't hurt just make me feel unsteady on my feet :-(

Yes I have had the brain zaps. I crushed a pill and took a tiny crumb of it and let it dissolve in my mouth when they got bad- it seemed to help. If it is a capsule with little beads you can just take a few beads.

I got these after stopping fluoxetine. Took 10 weeks til it stopped

Anyone that is no longer on them... How long did it take for you to feel 'normal' again. I've weaned myself off them & today was my first day with no medication. I'm feeling really rotten, not emotionally but flu like symptoms, my body aches all over, & dizziness.
I stopped fluoxetine, quetiapine, diazepam and zopiclone all together cold turkey at 4 weeks pregnant, I'm now 13+5 weeks and I only just feel "normal". Pretty much took ten weeks for the withdrawal to stop

I have been on these meds for 8 years though

You guys are all so strong, I've been having panic attacks & dizziness to the point I
Can hardly walk or concentrate on anything. I've decided to carry on taking half (20mg) for 4 weeks, 10mg for another 4 then off them.

I think that's the right thing to do hun, you don't want to put your body under heaps of stress.

Im on 10mg of citalopram and will probably continue to stay on them as i feel so anxious if i dont take anything for a few days. Im 7 weeks pregnant. I think it can be just as bad for baby if you come off them and put yourself through a load of stress and anxiety tbh xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->