Citreon C2

pandaeyes91

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

No idea whether I've posted this in the right place but here goes, my car got written off 4 weeks ago as someone hit it while it was parked outside my place in the middle of the night and drove off.
Since then I've been desperately searching for a car, my poor DH had been driving me around but now his car is BUSTED! so we're both without a car.

Found a Citreon C3 which I thought looked perfect, 5 door, enough boot space for a baby on the way, so I asked my mechanic to look at it, and it looks like it's got a lot of problems, which I don't want to spend out on, plus it's stress!

So my mechanic says he's got a car for sale, a Citreon C2, which I went to see last night when my DH took his car to be seen, it's lovely and has been very well looked after, it'll come with a years MOT, he's going to service it, fix the oil leak and put some new bits on it so it's in top notch. Downside...it's very small, 3 door car, little boot space with 4 seats, however the seats can be folded down individually. I have a baby on the way in March, so I've been stressing about whether to go ahead and buy it, but worried about the little boot space and the 3 door, though I'm sure I'd get used to it very quickly, and hopefully by then by DH would have bought another car which will be bigger. I trust this mechanic, we have known him for years, and it's such a good deal, within my budget, and I won't need to worry about MOT or servicing for another year and I know it's come from a good person who's not going to fob me off.

So what do you ladies reckon? Go ahead and buy it, knowing things will unlikely go wrong with it, but possibly struggle getting baby in and out with lack of space but manage just about? x

I wouldn't do it!! We used to have a C2 VTR and got rid for a Honda Civic 6 weeks before I was due, the car seat wouldn't fit in the back!!! We were planning on keeping it for longer than we did, but it would've been awful with a baby. I put the car seat behind the passenger seat and had to pull it as far forward as it would go, I'm only 5ft 4 and I was practically sat on the dashboard, my knees were so squashed! And even with the seat all the way forward, the back of the car seat (maxi cosi Cabriofix) was still touching the back of the seat and it was tipping it forward slightly. We have isofix and it was making it say it wasn't secure because it was tipped. And it was such a struggle to get it in and out of the car, and that's without a baby in it and not needing to be so cautious of how you're ragging it about! The boot is ridiculous too, don't know what pushchair you've got but we would really have struggled to get ours in, and you can certainly forget about shopping as well!

It's a lovely little car when you've not got kids, but with, nope :nope:

I wouldn't do it , I have a large ford mondeo, and I'm currently shopping around myself. Looking to spend around £3k- so I've looked at many cars. I'm going for another big car - as will my other half eventually. I love being able to fit my sons pram, him and shopping in .. We also have a dog. A small car would just be such an inconvenience, as would a 3 door. X

Damn lol, I thought I'd made a decision, I was going to go ahead with it, because now my husbands car is busted we have no vehicle, and all cars I have seen have been from garages who try to cover up things that are wrong, I was thinking of buying it for now, baby arrives in March and hopefully husband will have a car by then, and if we do struggle then I'll sell it and hopefully my mechanic will have something more suitable? It's only because I trust my mechanic, and it's been very well looked after, but it's so inconvenient :/ I'm stuck on what to do x

If it's not going to be your main transport when baby is here then there's no harm in getting it for now. I'd just make sure your husband gets a bigger car before March, or that you can get a new one yourself! x

I wouldn't do it. We had a c2 and a c1 before we had ds1 and traded them both in for a ford focus because the boots are way too small for all the bits and pieces that go with having a baby.

If its not gonna be big enough for your needs then no.

However, I had a toyota Aygo (teeny tiny and practically no boot space at all) and managed to fit me, OH, two car seats AND a tandem pram. So it can be done but it was very inconvenient and we switched to a much bigger car a few months ago.

Is finance not an option for you? To buy new or nearly new?

Ive gone ahead with it and pick it up on Thursday. Unfortunately finances are tight plus I'd rather spend money on baby than possible problems going on with a car I buy from a dealer. I dont use the car an awful lot and my Dh will possibly have a car by next year 'fingers crossed'
Its just we are desperate for a car now thats reliable and from someone we trust and the c2 has come along, a bit inconvenient but im sure it'll work some how. We will just have to buy a small pram and check before we buy and maybe in another year or so I'll buy a bigger car x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->