Claiming back PPI

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
Hi everyone :thumbup:

I was wondering if anyone could help. I no i am owed back PPI, i remember been told it was a necessity and could bring payments down etc so i know i have had it. I am going to try and claim it back and i want to go through a company (for several reasons)

I was just wondering if anyone had claimed PPI back and have any recommendations of any company's i can use please? There seem to be a million and one out there!:dohh:

Thankyou :thumbup:

What did u get the ppi for? If its through a bank go directly to them! My step mum is a bank of Scotland manager, she says the give u 100% ur owed where as these ppi companies take like 30% or something! She said one wee man came in and told her he had used a company and he was gutted when she told him how kmuch she could have given, its ridiculous! Xx

Go directly to the bank - they have time limits they must work to as well

Martin Lewis from moneysavingexpert.co.uk has some really useful advice on his site. The first bit of advice he uses is to do it yourself :) But I notice that you would like to use a company - it's none of my business why but it really is so easy to do, you end up paying a company around 30% of what you get for little more than them sending out a few letters. If there's any possibility you could do it yourself, please do :flower:

Go to your bank. Don't be one of these mugs who have to pay 50 or whatever percent to the company for "wining" their case. Your bank will charge you zilch.

Martin Lewis from moneysavingexpert.co.uk has some really useful advice on his site. The first bit of advice he uses is to do it yourself :) But I notice that you would like to use a company - it's none of my business why but it really is so easy to do, you end up paying a company around 30% of what you get for little more than them sending out a few letters. If there's any possibility you could do it yourself, please do :flower:

I agree - don't use a company, they'll take a massive cut. If you have a look on the moneysavingexpert site and forums like Piggywinkle said, there is loads of good advice about this sort of thing, people put template letters up and everything so you can write straight to the bank/lender that it was with, and avoid paying a middleman :thumbup:

I claimed successfully myself, it's really easy, I just wrote them a letter basically telling them I was told I had to take it even though I told them I didn't want or need it due to being pregnant (made it invalid) took 8 weeks to get sorted. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->